Nylon Hex Tuners THE FUTURE! Update!

Steel guitar related items for sale

Nylon Hex Tuners THE FUTURE! Update!

Postby bob adams » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

30th April 2023 I put a post up on this I can’t believe another year has past.

It has concerned me for some time that sources for these have becoming increasingly difficult and when and if you get the correct item the cost is heavy and heavier still when shipping is added.
So I have invested in this and had them produced to specification.

The spec:
Nylon 101 (believed the best for strength and machining)
Hex width 3/16” (4.7625mm)
The stock length: 1.3/8” (35mm)
Centre drilled through at 1.8mm (less than any rod size we use)
Drilled in 7/8” at either 3.1mm or 2.3mm
(for a good self cutting bight size for the 1/8” or 3/32” rods)
The hex tuner for the 3/32” rod is flared into the rod a couple of mm to allow ease of fitting.
(hopefully you can see the difference on the photos)


I have gone for this length as standard as it tends to be the longest out there and beyond that length
It is better to use an alloy spacer anyway.

I will cut to the size desired or supply at 1 3/8” for you to cut as you wish.


Pics attached:
Tuners
Swarf from drilling out (just to show)
Quantity (considerable)
White plastic (or styrene) rod between two wrenches!

Now the burning question, the price:

These will be £1.25 each
(50p cheaper than a year ago)

For the product quality and the reworking to thread sizes the price I believe is outstanding.

You know where to get me if you need any!
Attachments
DSC_6357a_2.JPG
DSC_6359a_2.JPG
Styrene_2.jpg
Nylon Swarf_2.jpg
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Nylon Hex Tuners THE FUTURE! Update!

Postby elparkirio » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 pm

Bob, when I get back next month I will be putting in an order for a full set of these. Mine are getting a bit ragged
elparkirio
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:50 pm
Location: Norwich
Real Name: Matt Park


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests