Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Steel guitar related items for sale

Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Postby Tristan » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:34 am

Hi all, apologies that my first post is a For Sale one, but truth be told I’m a guitarist rather than a steel player and was told this would be a good place to find a new owner. Will happily donate to the forum if it sells through here. I have a vintage Fender Deluxe 8 lap steel guitar in a well aged vintage blonde finish available. I think this is possibly mid-late 60’s given the black tolex case, bridge cover and hexagonal tuners. One of the pots appears to be dated to 1976, although I’m unsure if these are the original pots.
This has definitely seen plenty of action in its time, with dings and wear in the finish. All the electronics work as to be expected. I’ve removed the old set of strings (possibly decades old) and am awaiting a set of Ernie Ball 10-74s which will be included.

The original case and legs are present and are in good shape, with some pitting of the chrome and wear on the rubber feet (some have worn through). All the latches work well and the inside of the case has that classic old gear smell.

Looking for £1100. Insured shipping in the UK available for £20, happy to post internationally too, just drop me a line.

IMG_8683.jpeg
Tristan
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:14 am

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Postby Mr Bassman » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:16 pm

If you remove the tuner pan the date may be written in the cavity.
IMG_0952.jpeg
Mr Bassman
Member
Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:11 pm
Location: Grassington
Real Name: Keith

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Postby tony totten » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:07 am

Hi Mr bassman
I am I interested in this guitar is this the original pickup on this instrument if so would you accept a reasonable offer and would you be willing to post a d either through the pedal steel member society thanks to
tony totten
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm
Real Name: tony

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Postby tony totten » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:35 am

Hi Mr bass man I noticed you removed the head stock from guitar to reveil the serial number. Did you have any joy in its origin and date of manufacture as I do note that that the Japanese and china have also re manufacture these guitars If this is a genuine guitar I am willing to offer a genuine offer thanks Tony
tony totten
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm
Real Name: tony

Re: Fender Deluxe 8 vintage blonde OHSC and legs

Postby Goosander » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:35 pm

Sorry to disappoint Tony, but I think the seller sold this one on reverb already: https://reverb.com/item/77901522-vintag ... age-blonde
Goosander
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:07 pm


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cris.musicUK and 4 guests