Oklahoma Stomp

Tablature wanted or posted

Oklahoma Stomp

Postby Ruby Darnell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Does anyone have TAB for Oklahoma Stomp?
Ruby Darnell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Oklahoma Stomp

Postby bob adams » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:20 am

Ricky Davis's non pedal version, hope it's enough to work on!

E A
G#(1)__________________|___________|_____________________
E (2)_12~_12_12~_12__17|_17~_______|_17____17____________
C#(3)_12~_12_12~_12__17|_17~_____17|_17_17-17_17_________
B (4)________________17|_17~__17_17|_17_17_17_17_17____17
G#(5)_12~_12_12~_12____|______17_17|____17____17_17_17_17
F#(6)__________________|______17___|_____________17_17_17
E (7)__________________|___________|________________17___
D (8)__________________|___________|_____________________



D A E7
1._7~|~8~_8________|_______________|________________|
2._7~|~8~_8_10_8~__|_5_5___________|_____12_10______|
3.___|______10_8~_5|_5_5_5_5_5_____|_____12_10_11~10|
4._6~|~7~_7_______5|_5_5_5_5_5__13~|~12~_______11~10|
5.___|______10_8~_5|_____5_5_5__13~|~12~_12_10_11~10|
6.___|_____________|_______________|________________|
7.___|_____________|_______________|________________|
8.___|_____________|____________13~|~12~____________|



A D
1._____________|________________|_____________________|___
2._______5__11~|~12~_10____10_11|_12_~19________17____|___
3._______5__11~|~12~_10_12_10_11|_12_~18________17____|___
4._10__5_5_____|_____10_12_10_11|_12_~17________17____|___
5._10__5_______|________12______|_________17_17____11~|~10~
6._10__5____11~|~12~____________|_________17_17____11~|~10~
7._____________|________________|_____________________|___
8._____________|________________|_________17_17____11~|~10~



A E7
1._____________|___________________|_____________________
2._____________|____12~~_9_10_11_12|_14~~_11~12_11_10_12_
3._____________|____12~____________|______11~12_11_10_12_
4._____________|_10________________|_____________________
5.~_10_10_10_10|_10________________|______11~12_11_10_12_
6.~_10_10_10_10|_10_12~____________|_____________________
7._____________|_________9_10_11_12|_14~~________________
8.~_10_10_10_10|___________________|_____________________



A
1.______| (*-palm harmonic)(
2.______|_____*5~~~17~16~17~~~(Then Guitar plays solo,and)
3._11~10|_____*5~~~17~16~17~~~(then the lick with guitar )
4._11~10|_10__*5~~~17~16~17~~~(is in next section. )
5._11~10|_10__________________( )
6.______|_10__________________( )
7.______|_____________________( )
8.______|_____________________( )



A D
(Lick with Guitar)
1._______________________________________________( )
2.___________________12__10_9____________________(Guitar )
3._______________10______________________________(finishes)
4._______10__10_______________10_10_10_10________(solo. )
5._______________________________10_10_10__11~~10( )
6._10_10_10__9___________________10_10_10__11~~10( )
7._______________10______________________________( )
8._________________________________________11~~10( )



A D
(Harmony parts section)
G#(1)___|________________________|______________________|
E (2)___|____5___4_5__5___4_5____|____5___4_5_5___4_5___|
C#(3)___|________________________|______________________|
B (4)_4~|~5__5___4_5__5___4_5__4~|~5__5___4_5_5___4_5_9~|~10
G#(5)_4~|~5____5________5______4~|~5____5_______5_____9~|~10
F#(6)_4~|~5____________________4~|~5__________________9~|~10
E (7)_4~|~5____________________4~|~5__________________9~|~10
D (8)_4~|~5____________________4~|~5__________________9~|~10



A E7
1.___________________|______________________|
2._8___7_8_8___7_8___|___5___4_5_5___4_5____|
3._8___7_8_8___7_8___|______________________|
4._________________4~|~5_5___4_5_5___4_5_11~|~12
5.___8_______8_____4~|~5___5_______5_____11~|~12
6._________________4~|~5_________________11~|~12
7._________________4~|~5_________________11~|~12
8._________________4~|~5_________________11~|~12



A
1.___________________________|___________|_________5_____|
2._10____9_10__10____9_10____|___________|___12_10_5_5___|
3._10____9_10__10____9_10____|___________|___12_10___5___|
4._________________________4~|~5__4~5__4~|~5___________4~|~5
5.____10__________10_______4~|~5__4~5__4~|~5___________4~|~5
6._________________________4~|~5__4~5__4~|~5___________4~|~5
7._________________________4~|~5__4~5__4~|~5___________4~|~5
8._________________________4~|~5__4~5__4~|~5___________4~|~5



D A E7
1._______5_____|____10_8________|_________5______|
2._12_10_5_5___|____10_8_10_8___|___12_10_5_5____|
3._12_10___5___|_________10_8___|___12_10___5____|
4.___________9~|~10___________4~|~5___________11~|~12
5.___________9~|~10___________4~|~5___________11~|~12
6.___________9~|~10___________4~|~5___________11~|~12
7.___________9~|~10___________4~|~5___________11~|~12
8.___________9~|~10___________4~|~5___________11~|~12



A (Steel Solo starts)
(thumb rake)
1._12_10_________|______________|________________|_5
2._12_10_12_10___|______________|_5~____________5|
3._______12_10___|_________5~4~5|_5~_5_5_5_5___5_|
4._____________4~|~5__4~5__5~4~5|_5~_5_5_5_5__5__|
5._____________4~|~5__4~5__5~4~5|____5_5_5_5_____|
6._____________4~|~5__4~5_______|________________|
7._____________4~|~5__4~5_______|________________|
8._____________4~|~5__4~5_______|________________|



D A
1._6_7_8_9_10_9|7~8________________|_________8_7_6_5|
2._____________|____8______________|________________|
3._____________|______8_____8___8__|_8___8_8________|
4._____________|___________________|________________|
5._____________|________8_8___8___8|___8____________|
6._____________|___________________|________________|
7._____________|___________________|________________|
8._____________|___________________|________________|



E A
1._4_3~_________4____|________|________________|
2.____________4___4__|________|___________5~4~5|
3.__________4________|___5__17|_17~_5~4~5_5~4~5|
4.________3__________|_5____17|_17~_5~4~5_5~4~5|
5.______3___________5|______17|_17~_5~4~5______|
6.___________________|________|________________|
7.___________________|________|________________|
8.___________________|________|________________|



D
1._5~4~5____________________|____10~__10_9______|
2._5~4~5_5~4~5______13~12_11|_10_10~__10_9_10___|
3._5~4~5_5~4~5___5__13~12_11|_10_10~__10_9_10__5|
4._______5~4~5_5_5__13~12_11|_10___________10__5|
5._____________5_5__________|__________________5|
6._____________5____________|___________________|
7.__________________________|___________________|
8.__________________________|___________________|



A E7 A
1._______________|_____________________|
2._5_5___________|____11_12__13__14__16|_17~~~
3._5_5_5_5_5_____|____11_12______13__15|_17~~~
4._5_5_5_5_5_____|____11_12__12__12__14|_17~~~
5._____5_5_5__13~|~12__________________|
6.____________13~|~12__________________|
7._______________|_____________________|
8.____________13~|~12__________________|

;)
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Oklahoma Stomp

Postby Ruby Darnell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:40 am

That's champion thanks Bob...I may be gone some time.
Ruby Darnell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Oklahoma Stomp

Postby Ruby Darnell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh another thing...what key is this one that the guitar would be tuned to? Also, do people tend to have several guitars all in different tunings or just a couple and fiddle about with the tuning for different tracks/styles? I've got a 10 string pedal in E9 and a lap steel in C6 (this only has 6 strings) and am finding there are a few tracks I've tried but I either havent got enough strings on the lap steel or the pedal should be in a different tuning.
Ruby Darnell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Oklahoma Stomp

Postby James Crowbear » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 pm

on the first tab on the left, you can see the notes that make the tuning : it's a E7 : if it had a F# on 1 instead of the G# it would be a E13 tuning
yes in the heyday of steel, steelers had 2, 3 & even 4 necks in order to have most chords on hand
most versions of this tune are in the key of A (starts on E right ?)
basically a 6th tuning is what you play this tune with since the A6 is most frequently picked ( along w: D6 & E6)
i play it on both E9 & C6 on psg - basically the 6thj & dominant 7 chords are mostly used
tabs 7, 8, 9 10 play those 2 chords ( (Harmony parts section & down)
if your A6 for example is on fret 5 by moving down a whole step (2 frets : fret 3 = G) your in the dominant 7th position ( A7)
basically you have enough strings Ruby on both steels - since you don't have pedals or levers , finding the right chord positions(voicings) is the trick
takes time & a good ear
look at the tabs above & try to find the positions that correspond to what you have on your steel without slants first & secondly by adding them ( forward or reverse)
hope this helps & good hunting
James Crowbear
 

Re: Oklahoma Stomp

Postby Ruby Darnell » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks very much, I'll have a go. I must say, I'm very pleased to think that I've got everything I need to have a go at any tune. I didn't really fancy getting anything else at the minute til I can play what I've got properly.
Ruby Darnell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Devon


Return to Tablature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests