SSGW Tues 22nd May

News of forthcoming Steel Guitar events, meetings and Festivals

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Donny Johnston » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:26 am

I've just had an email from a steely in the Channel Islands, he is coming to Scotland for a holiday in May and would like to come to the meeting if his schedule permits. Can someone please provide the correct postal address of our venue so that I can pass it on. Donny.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Real Name: Donny Johnston

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Danny Mitchell » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Steel Guitar Central, Scotland :lol:

Pls excuse the facetiousness, couldnae resist it :lol:
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Danny Mitchell » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Gartcosh Hall
Lochend Rd, Gartcosh, Glasgow G69 8AB
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Donny Johnston » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Suggested by Mr R Adams for a tune at the May meeting, " Every time two foods collide " Which means he got a bridie in Greggs and one in Aulds. Change the D for an L and you have it. I didn't know it but checked it out on You tube, great tune.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Real Name: Donny Johnston

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Mcneilwaeasteel » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Lord Donald, can I forward a suggestion of a food related tune " Today I started loving ham again " :P I just made an ER or in the spelling, but either way I would'naeae mind a piece of it :lol:
Backing track I must leave to others but there's a few nice ones on Utube, I'm to daft to download, but I'm sure a speed merchant could oblige before he heads off into the sunset :roll:
It's just a suggestion as I'm sure you guy's have all been there an dun it but A huv'nae :shock:
Robert
No longer slummin, I’ve got a Mullen and a damn good amp as well,
they’ll be well played, if not played well, seat time alone must tell!
Mcneilwaeasteel
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:04 pm
Real Name: Robert Mac Neilage

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Donny Johnston » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:10 pm

Today I started loving you again, now confirmed as tune 2. I have it on BIAB in G. If anyone needs a copy let me know, Donny.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Real Name: Donny Johnston

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Jif » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 pm

I'll take a copy Donny, did you get my new email address ok?
User avatar
Jif
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Scotland
Real Name: Geoff Noble

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Malcolm » Tue May 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Boat to Iceland? I just use my bus pass up to Johnstone to the branch there. ;) Any Chance you could give Danny a lift there to see his boy? :lol:
MSA Millennium SD1O, GK MB200,Sica 12 and Telonics 15 speakers , Joyo American Sound pre amp, Jay Ganz Straight Ahead 500w class D Amp, Hilton pedal, Peterson tuners,Digitech RP150,Scott Dixon seat/ flight case.
User avatar
Malcolm
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:24 pm
Real Name: Malcolm McMaster

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Malcolm » Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Donny, would tha be Collin Goss from Jersey? great player and really nice guy, met him at some of Gerry’s Festivals at Newbury.
MSA Millennium SD1O, GK MB200,Sica 12 and Telonics 15 speakers , Joyo American Sound pre amp, Jay Ganz Straight Ahead 500w class D Amp, Hilton pedal, Peterson tuners,Digitech RP150,Scott Dixon seat/ flight case.
User avatar
Malcolm
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:24 pm
Real Name: Malcolm McMaster

Re: SSGW Tues 22nd May

Postby Donny Johnston » Tue May 01, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi Malcolm, No it isn't, it's Dave Dales, as he says I met him a couple of times in Ireland. Donny.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Real Name: Donny Johnston

PreviousNext

Return to Steel Guitar Events Meetings and Festivals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests