Marc could we have a section for this idea?

This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!

Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Copied this from my post on the US forum, maybe of interest to some if steelies are crossing the pond and coming to a gig near you? I don't think Brett's band is the kinda country most of us are playing but .... interesting
Nice to have a finger on the pulse and know who is coming.....

Topic: Any US Steel players coming to the UK ??????
John Davis



From:
Cambridge, U.K.
Post Posted 16 Dec 17 12:27am Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Be a good idea to let the British Steel players know... quite a few of them, in a spirit of cross pond cooperation will turn out come and see the show and support you and maybe help out when your amp/guitar breaks down.....

just a thought.... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Brett Lanier


From:
Vermont
Post Posted 19 Dec 17 11:31pm Reply with quote
Hi John,

I'm heading your way in January for what looks like six shows in the UK. Not sure how close the gigs are to you though.
http://thebarrbrothers.com/#tour

We were there last month too playing support for another band.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 6278
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: St Neots
Real Name: John Davis

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby Arcada » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Not sure what you're suggesting for a section JD? Anything can be done, but it'd be Bob and / or Uncle Roy's decision, though, I'd just implement it ;)
User avatar
Arcada
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Real Name: Marc

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:46 am

Hi Marc, what I was suggesting was a section that would give us all the "Heads up" when a Steelie is visiting the UK from another country.
I put a post on the US forum asking them to let us know if and when they come over to play and as you can see already a response. If we could have a link to the Brit. forum on the US forum to the "Who's playing where section" and as most of the EU steelies use the US forum they could use the link to register a visit as well. I know a lot of our guy's would turn out and support a visiting player if he was just a short distance away.
They can answer my post, https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... highlight= and I can put the info on the Bss site but it would be good if that info went straight from them to our WPW section don't you reckon?, maybe B0b on the US forum would put it up on the announcements section as a "Sticky"
more cross pond cooperation for all of us interested would be good I reckon :)


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 6278
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: St Neots
Real Name: John Davis

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby Will C » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:52 am

Good idea, John. I add my vote to this.
St Ives, Cambridgeshire
User avatar
Will C
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Ramsey, Cambs
Real Name: Will Cowell

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:14 pm

I guess this is a no???

Inbox :: Message
From: b0b
To: John Davis
Posted: 22 Dec 17 11:36pm
Subject: Re: HiBob an idea I puton the British Steelies site,waddayathink

The SGF is quite international. What would this "sticky" contain that would be of interest to the many Dutch, Australian and Canadian members (among others)?

Any Brit touring the US is welcome to announce his presence in Events and Announcements. In fact, any steel performance anywhere in the world can be announced there. Maybe I'm not understanding what your suggesting...

_________________
-b0b- (SGF Admin) a.k.a. Bobby Lee ♪ Copedents ♪ Rice & Bean ♪ Wine Country Swing ♪ Stella ♪


Sent :: Message
From: John Davis
To: b0b
Posted: 23 Dec 17 12:08am
Subject: Re: HiBob an idea I puton the British Steelies site,waddayathink
Bob, When ever I have visited the US I have been helped out and made very welcome by all your forum members and that has been mostly because I have told them on your forum that I was coming. I was looking for a way to persuade your forum members including the EU players to give us Brits the "Heads up" when they are touring the UK so they could get the same level of help and support that I have received over there.
I know our forum is tiny compared to yours but its members no less enthusiastic and they would turn out and support any player. A lot of the UK players don't visit the Mother ship as much as some of us do and to miss out on a good show that could be local to you is a bit of a shame IMHO.
I have supplied so far three US players with steel guitars for their tours in the UK and various amps at no cost to them and I think cross pond cooperation is a good thing.
Thank you for all you do for us on the forum.
Best Regards, John
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website


Inbox :: Message
From: b0b
To: John Davis
Posted: 23 Dec 17 12:16am
Subject: Re: HiBob an idea I puton the British Steelies site,waddayathink

I agree that cross pond cooperation is good. I'm just stingy with stickies because they push current events down from the top. Also, experience has taught me that they tend to be ignored more than the active topics because they're statically placed. I get several emails every week asking questions that are answered in stickies.

People only read the latest stuff.

_________________
-b0b- (SGF Admin) a.k.a. Bobby Lee ♪ Copedents ♪ Rice & Bean ♪ Wine Country Swing ♪ Stella ♪
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 6278
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: St Neots
Real Name: John Davis

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby Will C » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:00 am

Oh well, worth a try.... I don't think he grasped what you were trying to do. Pity, because I have heard that visiting artists sometimes struggle to get promoters interested. Any publicity would help, I thought.
St Ives, Cambridgeshire
User avatar
Will C
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Ramsey, Cambs
Real Name: Will Cowell

Re: Marc could we have a section for this idea?

Postby bob adams » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi John, I haven't been ignoring this... rather..... I've been awaiting more reactions but sadly true to current form... 'zippo'!
Like you I think the question has been answered certainly as far as the US is concerned ....
The rule of thumb seems to be: if they want us they can come find us! (with very few exceptions!)

So I guess at least for now ......
Should we be aware of any impending visiting steelie (VIP or otherwise) the heads up can go in the NEWS section.
I could say a lot more here but I must wear the 'Admin' diplomacy hat too! And it's Christmas after all!!
Do hope you had a good one!
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm


Return to Steel Guitar Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron