Hundreds of tabs available

Tablature wanted or posted

Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Ken Byng » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 pm

American steeler Erv Niehaus has literally hundreds of tunes tabbed out by himself. They cost $2 plus postage, and Erv doesn't send out digital copies - only hard copies through the post. I have just ordered a specific tune for one of my pupils via PayPal, and the postage was very reasonable. To me this means that Erv is charging the genuine cost that he pays, and is not adding anything on top which I suspect that some of the guys in the States have done in the past.

If anyone is interest in receiving lists of Erv's stuff, just send me an email and I will send them back lists of his tabs by return. :D
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Nick Bidmade » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:59 am

Erv's tabs are great for beginner/intermediate skills. I find them always to be playable and accurate. Very reasonably priced, too.
Harping back to Ken's other current thread on practice time, it is Erv's tabs that occupy most of my playing time. They are great fun, and I reckon a good part of my (limited) ability on psg is down to Erv.
His tabs are highly recommended.
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Johan Forsman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

I ordered several tabs from Erv as well, they seem very accurate to me, the one thing one should be aware of is that they are very much chord based, so full grips it is, of course it is up to the reader/player to omit certain strings to get a less full sound if that's what's preferred (for me it is). This also make them great as learning material. Very reasonably priced and quick delivery.
User avatar
Johan Forsman
Member
Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:53 am
Location: Sweden
Real Name: Johan Forsman

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Erv Niehaus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments.
I have done approx. 2,000 tabs for the E9th tuning.
Over half of those are gospel tabs and the remaining are divided between
Classic Country, Old Standards and Hawaiian.
As some of the prior postings have stated, my style is a "chordal style".
Most of my tabs consist of full, three finger grips.
I started out over 60 years ago on lap steel, then graduated to console steel
and finally graduated to pedal steel, primarilly so I could get full, three string chords.
I have sent tabs to over 1,800 pedal steel players located all over the world including
Tasmania!
Keep steelin! :D
Erv
Erv Niehaus
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Real Name: Erv Niehaus

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby derek evans 15 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am

HI KEN ,IS THERE A CHANCE OF A LIST OF ERV,S TAB AT ALL PLEASE . REGARDS DEREK.
derek evans 15
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: hartlepool
Real Name: derek william evans

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Ken Byng » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 pm

derek evans 15 wrote:HI KEN ,IS THERE A CHANCE OF A LIST OF ERV,S TAB AT ALL PLEASE . REGARDS DEREK.


Hi Derek. I don't have the list with me at the moment as it is on my main PC at home. I'm currently at Heathrow Airport waiting for a flight to the States. When I get home in a fortnight I will wing a list off to you.

Best wishes
Ken
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Erv Niehaus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

If I can get your email addresses, I would be happy to send you some lists of my tabs.
Thanks! :D
Erv
Erv Niehaus
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Real Name: Erv Niehaus

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Nick Bidmade » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi Derek
You can find Erv's tabs on the US Forum under the For Sale Music etc tab.
Erv's stuff is great. It's what got me playing (if that's what it is I do).
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby Nick Bidmade » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Derek
You can find Erv's tabs on the US Forum under the For Sale Music etc tab.
Erv's stuff is great. It's what got me playing (if that's what it is I do).
Sorry - so excited I posted twice!
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Hundreds of tabs available

Postby darren_john92 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am

Hi, could you send me a list of the tabs please and also info for where payment needs to go. My email is [email protected].

Many thanks, Darren
darren_john92
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm
Real Name: Darren Jones

Next

Return to Tablature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest