Writing tab in Excel?

Tablature wanted or posted

Writing tab in Excel?

Postby Nick Bidmade » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I can't help but think that MS Excel would be an excellent medium for writing, printing and circulating tab. Unfortunately, I'm no expert... Has anyone got any know-how re Excel and whether it could do the job?
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Postby Shaun » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Nick,

I startesd experimenting a week or so ago, I think its achievable.
Dont think I can attach a Excel file here.
I'll Email it to you see what you think.
Sho-Bud Pro3 D10, Fender Mustang 3 Amp
Let there be steel
User avatar
Shaun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:32 am
Location: Croydon, England
Real Name: Shaun Winning

Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Postby David Hartley » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Excel is great.
Just make a template and re-use it for every tab.
CD's and individual tracks available to download from iTunes and CD Baby.
Email [email protected] for tuitional material and lessons.
David Hartley
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Postby Jason Lynch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:28 pm

I have one for Word that i use again and again.
Jason Lynch
 

Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Postby Nick Bidmade » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Shaun sent me a sample of an Excel sheet he's been working on. All it did was remind me how much I've forgotten since I retired from work. I used Excel at work only rarely, and in a limited fashion at that, but... it's all gone.
As the man says, 'I remember when rock was young, but I can't remember what I just came upstairs for'!
By the way Jason, you kindly offered assistance with fitting a half-stop on my old Sho-Bud. James Morehead looked at the photos I sent him of the undercarriage, and he thought I was a job for a pro... so I'm not proceeding at this stage.
I'm hoping to get the guitar to a 'tech' later this spring, and I'll see what an expert has to offer. Many thanks again, Jason.
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Postby Jason Lynch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 pm

No worries. You're most welcome. If you wanted to go down the "second pull" route on string for example I'm happy to help.
Jason Lynch
 


Return to Tablature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests