I've heard it said so many times... it doesn't matter what gear you have it's your ability and technique that creates a good sound. Well, that may or may not be true, but occasionally a product comes along that benefits players of all abilities and really is a game changer.
I've been playing around with a set of Dave Beaty's new 84's pickups, on both necks... I have to say, as a home recordist I've frequently struggled to get a good recorded sound, especially straight out of a preamp. Well, what can I say... the sound you hear is straight out of the back of the PRE1000, no added EQ... And look at the tone controls!
Dave's team are working on the fine detail of getting them into production at the moment, they'll hopefully be in full production shortly.
Further details can be seen on the new tpa website.
http://www.tpa-az.com
Cheers
Mark




