Pull rods

Steel guitar items wanted

Pull rods

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm

I am in need of about 10 3mm round rods long enough for re rodding a steel..





Jimmy..
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Pull rods

Postby john roche » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 am

Try a model shop Jimmy, one that deals in model aircraft. I found lots of the bits they sell are suitable for steel
john roche
Deceased
Deceased
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am

Re: Pull rods

Postby SHAKEY » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Jimmy, go to any welding suppliers and get some stainless welding rods. 3.2mm/1/8" or 2.4mm/3/32" they come in 1 metre lengths. I used to pay 50p each then I found it was cheaper to buy them by the Kilo. Hope it helps, take care mate.
Dave.
SHAKEY
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Pull rods

Postby U_twelve » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm

1/8 inch = 0.125 inches
3.2mm = 0.125984252 inches
That 0.000984252" can mean you may have to open up the holes in the changer. My not be an issue on most guitars but is a bother on Sierra Session's.
Of course totally irrelevant if your making your own guitar from scaratch... :roll:
Sierra Session S-12 (Black of course)
Peavey Session 500 (split Cab)
User avatar
U_twelve
Member
Member
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 pm
Location: Whitchurch, Shropshire
Real Name: Pete Lindsley

Re: Pull rods

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks guys, I found some on Ebay.


Jimmy.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm


Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests