Page 1 of 2

New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:27 am
by Alan Cook

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Honky Tonkin' Alan :guitar: Love it.
You must have extendable arms to reach the front neck of yonder console :shock:

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 pm
by Alan Cook
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4386799522


Thanks Danny same song but better sound. Different angle

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 am
by simon_f3
Hi Alan, great sounding band! Is this a separate venture to Lew Lewis and the Twilight Trio? I've seen them at various Rockabilly events where I've played, and Lewis is a great singer! Any chance you could post a gig list of when and where you'll be playing? I'd love to come and catch a show - it sounds fantastic :D

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:21 pm
by Alan Cook
Hi Sid

Yes Lew wants to do a more country billy sort of band. So this is it! That's the first rehearsal so we are starting to book gigs now. I'll post gigs as they come in any venue suggestions welcome.

Thanks for listening

Alan

Re: New band first gig.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 pm
by Alan Cook
Didn't even rehearse this one but we had a go.

Alan


Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 am
by Danny Mitchell
Great stuff Alan, kickass :guitar:
All it needed was a bigger gazebo. Thanks for posting.

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am
by simon_f3
Fantastic! Great sound, Alan, and superb playing! Will you be attending the Rockabilly Rave this weekend? We're playing on Saturday so do come and say Hi if you're there. In the meantime I shall keep a lookout for suitable places to play in the Midlands and let you know - sadly I only really know the rockabilly clubs, which don't always cater for the Country side of life!

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm
by Alan Cook
Thanks Danny and Simon not doing the rave but Lew maybe he also has a rockabilly band. Any help with gigs would be great thanks. What's your band called?

Re: New band first rehearsal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 am
by simon_f3
Hi Alan,

My rockabilly band is called Jack and the Real Deals - please check us out (just click below)! Our bass player, has worn out his mouse by clicking on our youtube videos to try to get our view count up, so if others can help us out by watching it would allow him time to pop out to PC world and buy a new one! :lol:

I wonder if a list of suitable music venues and contact details may be something that could be of use to forum members trying to get gigs. I'll do a quick search and see if there's anything already on here. If there's nothing, I shall attempt to get something started... In the meantime if anyone reading this has any ideas or tips, please let me know.