Page 1 of 2

contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 am
by JanO
It's been quite some time since I posted a video. I have been studying on this copedent for about a year now. It is an adaptation of a 12string C6 tuning that I found Buddy Emmons has tried out at some time. Older topic about this copedent on the US Forum is here. I find it to be very versatile. I play all kinds of stuff on it: country, swing, jazz,... But for those who want to hear something really fresh, I recorded this piece by contemporary Belgian composer Karel Van Marcke. He wrote it for piano solo, but I think it does very well on steel. The title "Bachapel" is referring to two insparations for this piece, J.S. Bach and J.Pachelbel.
The score is displayed along with the video of me playing it. Comments welcome.

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 am
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Very nice..... :)

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 am
by Nick Bidmade
Wonderful! Great playing too. Proves the versatility of the instrument. Good title too - the influences of the two composers works really well.
Post more, please, JanO :D

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:15 pm
by mandosteve
very cool! Nice one mate!

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:14 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Excellent JanO,
I've never heard anything like that on psg. That's a very interesting field you're ploughing there, I hope you'll put up more. Thanks for posting.

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 am
by Tony Russell Davis
Buddy Emmons used this, or a similar, 12 string tuning on his recording of Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Winnie Winston pushed the boundaries too and, here in UK, so does BJ.
Well done and a welcome change of genre. :D

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:42 am
by JanO
Thanks guys. I'm glad you appreciate

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:44 am
by mick hearn
Nice - and beautiful tone.

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am
by JanO
Here's another jazz ballad played on my black beast

Re: contemporary classical piece

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:16 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Very nice JanO. Your black beast sounds great, love the full chords you get with the 4 picks. Keep them coming, please.