Switch to full style
Reviews of CD and Internet tracks and You tube etc
Post a reply

Recording the old way

Thu May 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Here's a short film of my band in the studio earlier this year. Can't tell you how much fun it was to play everything live and hear it back through all this old gear. Good times! EP coming out soon. :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:



Jonathan

Re: Recording the old way

Thu May 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Should that be.....Recording the Right Way!

I definitely approve of Sugar Ray's ethos :guitar: It's sounding first class Jonathan, I'm hoping you remembered to pack the washboard :guitar:

Re: Recording the old way

Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 am

:lol: Thanks Danny. We were thinking about overdubbing the washboard but decided to leave it off and just have the raw live takes. For the best I think.

I'd definitely like to record a crafted, multitrack record some time but doing it this way you get a lot more done (a big deal when you've got no money) and hopefully capture a good feel in the room. Obviously the downside is you can't do much in the way of mixing... and every tiny mistake stays in :shock:

Re: Recording the old way

Fri May 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Love it Jonathan, great sounds, please put my name of an EP when ready :D
Post a reply