Page 1 of 1
Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:47 pm
by Nick Bidmade
I can't help but think that MS Excel would be an excellent medium for writing, printing and circulating tab. Unfortunately, I'm no expert... Has anyone got any know-how re Excel and whether it could do the job?
Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:11 pm
by Shaun
Hi Nick,
I startesd experimenting a week or so ago, I think its achievable.
Dont think I can attach a Excel file here.
I'll Email it to you see what you think.
Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:26 pm
by David Hartley
Excel is great.
Just make a template and re-use it for every tab.
Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:28 pm
by Jason Lynch
I have one for Word that i use again and again.
Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm
by Nick Bidmade
Shaun sent me a sample of an Excel sheet he's been working on. All it did was remind me how much I've forgotten since I retired from work. I used Excel at work only rarely, and in a limited fashion at that, but... it's all gone.
As the man says, 'I remember when rock was young, but I can't remember what I just came upstairs for'!
By the way Jason, you kindly offered assistance with fitting a half-stop on my old Sho-Bud. James Morehead looked at the photos I sent him of the undercarriage, and he thought I was a job for a pro... so I'm not proceeding at this stage.
I'm hoping to get the guitar to a 'tech' later this spring, and I'll see what an expert has to offer. Many thanks again, Jason.
Re: Writing tab in Excel?

Posted:
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 pm
by Jason Lynch
No worries. You're most welcome. If you wanted to go down the "second pull" route on string for example I'm happy to help.