Page 1 of 2
Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 pm
by Donny Johnston
Can anyone tell me what programme they use to write tablature, I have tried Word but I think I must be doing something wrong, it's cumbersome and time consuming. Thank you. Donny.
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:20 pm
by David Hartley
Donny.
I use a Microsoft Excel Speadsheet. It's also time consuming, but once you have a template, it's just a matter of typing into the cells.
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 pm
by saddletramp
I use
TablEdit. It has a setting specifically for PSG and allows you to play back the tab as you enter it. It can also produce standard musical notation. I like it because it also runs on Macs.
Chris
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm
by bob adams
Super comprehensive that Chris there is no doubt but maybe a tad OTT for our needs.. ??
Donny I've just fired this down to you on email (this pic and the xl file)
Though unseen on this pic each section there is 40 cells for you to fill as per, sell explanatory when you open it!
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:51 pm
by Jason Lynch
Donny, Im using a word document, that has lines and string numbers/ names on it. works a charm for tab.
Want a copy?
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 am
by Donny Johnston
Yes please Jason, Bob has sent me an Excel spreadsheet but it would be great to try both, thank you. My email address is:
[email protected]
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm
by Will C
Dave Hartley uses Excel, so do I but it has one shortcoming: There seems to be no way to add slur lines to denote notes held over or changed "on the fly".
Jason, if you're reading this, does your method achieve that?
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm
by Jason Lynch
I usually use a "minus2 sight (-) or a couple of them to denote changes made to pedals while strings are still ringing. the beauty of word is that you can also add straight lines anywhere you want. just copy and paste them.
Works for me...
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 am
by andy in norfolk
Hi I downloaded power tab and like tabedit plays back as well. You set your tuning up under the guitar tab and click setup. When you enter your fret number on the tab sheet it automatically puts the respective note in on a score sheet above.
Re: Writing Tablature

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am
by Jason Lynch
any chance of posting a link here, Andy?