Page 1 of 1

Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:30 pm
by Sheena
Hi I am looking for help with learning Wild mountain thyme in c6 if possible please. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Sheena

Re: Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:53 pm
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Hi Sheena, tis a simple tune and beautiful to play on E9 but I would not have a clue where to start on the back neck with that one.

Re: Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:52 am
by Doodlegame
What key are you wanting it in? I don't have a pedal steel, but I could try to figure something out for non-pedal c6 and you could possibly adapt it from there if that'd be of any use to you..!?

Re: Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:02 pm
by Uncle Roy
Here’s a lovely version on lap steel by our own Mick Hearn


Re: Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm
by JohnDavisStringsHere
trying to get a bagpipe drone outta the spare pedal on this ol Bud

Re: Wild mountain thyme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 am
by Sheena
Doodlegame wrote:What key are you wanting it in? I don't have a pedal steel, but I could try to figure something out for non-pedal c6 and you could possibly adapt it from there if that'd be of any use to you..!?

Yes please - that woul be great. I will get back to you with a key :-)