Page 1 of 1

Re: Basil Henriques Tab list

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm
by Paul Brennan
Hi Basil. Any chance of you tabbing out your "Country Star Time"? Remember that you Irish players? It was the theme music for an RTE program of the same name a few years back.

http://www.waikiki-islanders.com/assets ... ARCLIP.mp3

I think it's fantastic. I had fun working out the tune last year. I came up with several different ways to play some of the phrases. I'd be really interested to know how you play it on your tuning.

Re: Basil Henriques Tab list

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am
by Basil Henriques
Hi Paul,
I will TRY and tab it for the standard E9th., within the next week.
The series was a 13 week series and the theme tune brought in the show and went out at each ad beak (Twice) and back in after the ads. And finally played out the show. The series was repeated the following year and then two years later.

Probably something to do with the fact that as well as an RTE presenter, Paschal Mooney was also a senator in Dáil Éireann and had special responsibility for telecommunications along with his partner in "Green Grass Music" Sen. Donie Cassidy, chairman of the senate and my mentor, he was also Foster and Allen's manager and owned the record label "CMR" (Casssidy Mooney Records)

RTE Approached me to write a steel guitar theme for a pilot show of a country TV series, I had a choice of accepting a "Straight Fee" from RTE or splitting the publishing with my partners in "Silk Purse Music"
I took the chance on the MCPS/PRS route.
There were no € Euro way back then, and at £42 per play x 6 per show x 13 x 3 .. £9,828 I just felt obliged to extend the THIRTY SECONDS clip I wrote, and put it on an album somewhere.. The phrases are not dissimilar to some licks in already well known tunes..
:oops: :oops:

I think the hardest part is the open string jumps to the 12th fret and the E augmented seventh at the end of that run.
I'm not sure how it will migrate from the extended E69 that I use, still, if you say you played it and I know that Dunny has gotten around it also, so it MUST work..
Sorry about the history lesson, but these things could easily get forgotten. (And Probably SHOULD BE)

Re: Basil Henriques Tab list

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:34 pm
by Paul Brennan
Actually Basil I think the E7+ run is the easiest part of the tune. Maybe I found it easy because it was a trick I picked up from watching you many years before I sat down to tackle this particular tune.

I find the "C" part of the tune the trickiest. It's just awkward to play on standard E9th.

Re: ATT MODERATOR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 am
by Basil Henriques
PLEASE delete my tab posts. There are copyright problems with the original song publishers.

Re: Basil Henriques Tab list

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:38 pm
by Uncle Roy
Baz, I hope that I have deleted the right post.
I also would like to see some of your E9 tab pleases. :D