I have been messing around on a pedal steel for a lot of years but a couple of years ago I was a newbie on lap steel having got myself an 8 string plank and apart from the Hank Williams licks etc I was not doing a lot with it. Then I got my National and thought I had better justify the expense as I got it from Germany and paid over the odds but I didn't care - so went on a voyage of discovery. Bobbe Seymour on one of his YouTube vids stated C6 was easier than E9 pedal and went into a bit of "Secret Love". I was amazed so gave it a try and it worked. So off I went looking at bar slants and it was not until "Nighlife" that I learnt some of the weird and wonderful chords. I did not really have any confidence in my playing until the SESGF and and the NESGF and the support was beyond belief. Basil was backing me up and giving encouragement as was everyone else. That was the kick up the arse I needed - and sometimes we all need it. As has been stated the response from the USA forum was terrific with comments from people like Andy Volk of all people and requests to tab my version out. And to think I only did it to see if it could be done.
Well you know the rest. I sometimes think I am putting too much on the Lap Steel section and probably should rename it the Mick Hearn section but I do have an excuse. You are the only audience I have
Anyway - If the tab helped then great. If not - it was a good exercise in tab writing. I do know a lot of people downloaded it.
Well I have not been put off. I have a number of songs in the pipeline. Choo Choo Chaboogie a la Jeff Newman, Girl in the Glass, For The Good Times, I Just Destroyed The World and looking at Lloyd Greens White Light and I will carry on doing them in my own style (which is trying to copy what I hear whether on lap steel of pedal steel). That will keep me off the streets for a while.
It's fun and I love it - give me more


