Tablature wanted or posted
Post a reply

Re: Sleep Walk as per ORIGINAL version

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am

This is from the March 2007 Issue of Aloha Dream (You don't know what you're missing)

Image


Image


Image


Image



High resolution pics here Click this

You CAN subscribe to the magazine here Click this

The original recording and a video of them playing it are here :-

Audio


Video


There is a MISTAKE in the tab ... In the first measure, the second set of triplets are tabbed for the 6th fret on strings 1 and 3. It should be the 5th fret
It was an oversight on my part, I'll explain how it happened :- the top note is the sixth in the key of C and that must have been in my mind when I wrote it in. If you check the musical notation below the tab you'll see the top note is A, so the lower one MUST be E as the chord is Am.

Of COURSE it should be the 5th fret, but there was a bit of a rush to get the last issue of the magazine finished (We'd just moved house) and in the commotion I just let this one get by me.

One other point if interest is the title :- Sleep Walk, two words.!

When I started playing 55 years ago there wasn't ANY way of learning like this, not even a local teacher, so I had to find it all out by myself. Now I can "Pass it On" and enjoy doing so.
You may ask about me playing it for you, OK , here are two versions by me, one recorded in EMI's Abbey Road Studios in the 60's and the other about 10 years ago in my bedroom.

EMI Version


New one

Re: Sleep Walk as per ORIGINAL version

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:20 am

Why have I lost the facility to edit this post ? I wish to correct errors..PLEASE..

Re: Sleep Walk as per ORIGINAL version

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 am

No Edit or delete button ?
Attachments
Picture-3.jpg
Post a reply