Tablature wanted or posted
Post a reply

Re: Woodstock

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 am

My mistook, Roy. It was Weldon Myrick according to my sleeve notes. Not a name I have heard before, I'll have to look him up.

Will C

Re: Woodstock

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am

Here you are Will -



There's a bunch of palm harmonics in there too. Besides being one of the "house" musicians for the Grand Ole Opry for countless years, Weldon also produced a short but landmark speed picking course with (I think - help me here guys) fellow house musician, Hal Rugg. Weldon is also featured in Winnie Winston's "Pedal Steel Guitar - a manual of style" along with three other great innovators - Jimmie Crawford, Terry Bethel and John Hughey. Check 'em all out and enjoy the experience. All best, Tony :D .

(Later edit) yes, the "Amazing Little Speed Picking Course", Weldon Myrick and Hal Rugg. I seem to remember the full title went something like "the one pedal, two finger, three string, amazing ......" T.

Re: Woodstock

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 am

Sorry to hi-jack the thread
but this is it I believe Tony.

Weldons 1 Pedal, 2 fingers, Three String Thingy...
1________________________________________________________________________
2________________________________________________________________________
3________________________________________________________________________
4________________________________________________________ _______________
5__________15_____________________15______________________13-12_____12
6__15-15B____15B-15____15-15B____15B-15_____15____13_______12B____
7_____________________15_____________________15_____13__________________
8________________________________________________________________________
9________________________________________________________________________
10_______________________________________________________________________

1______________________________________________________________________
2______________________________________________________________________
3______________________________________________________________________
4______________________________________________________________________
5__10_____________________10_____________________8-7____7____7_______
6_____10--10B____10-10B____10B-10____10____8_____7B___7B_________
7______________10____________________10_____8________________________
8______________________________________________________________________
9______________________________________________________________________
10_____________________________________________________________________

1______________________________________________________________________
2______________________________________________________________________
3______________________________________________________________________
4______________________________________________________________________
5__________5________3_______________3__________________________________
6___7B-5B___5B-3b___3B-3___3-3B___3B-3___3__________1______________
7___________________________3_______________3___3--1__1__ 1____________
8______________________________________________________________________
9______________________________________________________________________
10_____________________________________________________________________

Re: Woodstock

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Hiya Pete, good to hear from you again. Yes, that's the jobby. I had/have it somewhere but can't find either tab or record. It'll be in the "safe place" where my Winnie Winston book also went! :lol: All best wishes my friend, Tony.

Re: Woodstock

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Pete,

Are those spacings accurate along the tab lines? I've tried it as written, with some notes struck together, and separately, and for the life of me I can't hear anything attractive emerging. But then again, nothing else I play sounds attractive, so no surprises there... :lol:

Will

Re: Woodstock

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi! will.
Spacings not accurate at all so no tempo info there.

I know what it's supposed to sound like, more or less but I'm damned if I can make it sound attractive either :lol: :guitar:

This thread has an accurate tab in it http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1339884&sid=fae2eeaf8bfef04d1393185bc73c0ee2 scroll down to the post by Jonathan Shacklock
Post a reply