Switch to full style
Tablature wanted or posted
Post a reply

writing tabs

Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 pm

I've seen a couple threads on writing out tabs here, I'd like to try and write out tabs for 6 string lap steel, and use a program that is really simple and straightforward. I'm not a computer person so it would be 'tabs for dummys' sort of thing. :? Just need your basic template and be able to add the right numbers in the right places. I don't need proper music staff lines as well, just the spaces for 6 strings. I'm using a laptop with Windows. any suggestions? thanks.

Re: writing tabs

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 am

The simplest programme to produce your templates would be Microsoft Excel. I've done them for 8 string A6 and C6 tuning, but if you let me know which 6 string tuning you're going to use I'll knock out a template for you and send it to you. you can then print them out to your hearts content.
Regards,
Keith.

Re: writing tabs

Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:58 pm

PM sent, thanks mate. :)
Post a reply