Switch to full style
Tablature wanted or posted
Post a reply

Writing Tablature

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Can anyone tell me what programme they use to write tablature, I have tried Word but I think I must be doing something wrong, it's cumbersome and time consuming. Thank you. Donny.

Re: Writing Tablature

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Donny.
I use a Microsoft Excel Speadsheet. It's also time consuming, but once you have a template, it's just a matter of typing into the cells.

Re: Writing Tablature

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I use TablEdit. It has a setting specifically for PSG and allows you to play back the tab as you enter it. It can also produce standard musical notation. I like it because it also runs on Macs.

Chris

Re: Writing Tablature

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Super comprehensive that Chris there is no doubt but maybe a tad OTT for our needs.. ??

Donny I've just fired this down to you on email (this pic and the xl file)

Though unseen on this pic each section there is 40 cells for you to fill as per, sell explanatory when you open it!
Attachments
tab _temple_xl_pic.jpg

Re: Writing Tablature

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Donny, Im using a word document, that has lines and string numbers/ names on it. works a charm for tab.
Want a copy?

Re: Writing Tablature

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 am

Yes please Jason, Bob has sent me an Excel spreadsheet but it would be great to try both, thank you. My email address is:
[email protected]

Re: Writing Tablature

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Dave Hartley uses Excel, so do I but it has one shortcoming: There seems to be no way to add slur lines to denote notes held over or changed "on the fly".

Jason, if you're reading this, does your method achieve that?

Re: Writing Tablature

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

I usually use a "minus2 sight (-) or a couple of them to denote changes made to pedals while strings are still ringing. the beauty of word is that you can also add straight lines anywhere you want. just copy and paste them.
Works for me...

Re: Writing Tablature

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 am

Hi I downloaded power tab and like tabedit plays back as well. You set your tuning up under the guitar tab and click setup. When you enter your fret number on the tab sheet it automatically puts the respective note in on a score sheet above.

Re: Writing Tablature

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am

any chance of posting a link here, Andy?
Post a reply