Tablature wanted or posted
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:34 pm
I want to be able to translate sheet music into lapsteel tabs manually i.e. not using a software program.
I need a chart showing standard notation and lap steel tabs so I can compare the two of them. Am I right?
I am unable to find such a chart for lapsteel, plenty for guitar, or piano not for lap steel.
Is there anyone who can assist me with help and advice, all welcome?
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:38 pm

Depending on your number of strings and tuning (see
https://www.petersontuners.com/myinstrument/lapSteel )
You can see where your open strings are on the stave and work out the fretted notes from that.
Standard guitar is normally written up an octave (A string 3rd fret is shown as middle C) so only the treble cleff is used, so consider that as well
Hope that helps
If you need anymore help I can probably create something in Guitar Pro with it all written out.
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:54 pm
Neville, if you can get a hold of copies of the last few issues of the British Steelies Newsletter, I'm pretty sure they contain Score/Tablature lapsteel tunes by Maurice Hipkiss. Or, if you could contact the man himself? He has music up on YouTube.
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, Uncle Roy.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.