This SHOULD be in your repertoire if you are called on to play "Hawaiian Style" I thought that it may be of some use to post the COMPLETE tune. No slight on anyone, but the Hawaiians and MOST recordings omit the middle section. So just for posterity :-
I know that slant is a bugger, but we HAVE to try to raise the bar somewhat !!
I forgot to include the all important lyrics .. The lyrics are on the second part of this page :-
Of special interest is the middle section "Stand still oh Heaven and Earth" etc.
Just to place everything where it can be found easily I've included ALL the versions I can find of this song, but I can't find ONE version that has the middle section SUNG !!
There's more to the story, originally entitled "Midnight in Wolverhampton" dedicated to his wife, Eric wrote it after an evening out together. Here are many versions including Eric conducting the London Symphony orchestra himself. It was adopted by the BBC as the signature tune to their hugely successful and long running "Desert Island disks"..