AGGH Times gone by.

News of steel players

Re: AGGH Times gone by.

Postby slimbo » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 am

Well, i'm off to morrissons for brekky, then to the pound shop, she left a note to get some tins of dog food, I hate that with salad.
I will have a think about starting a register for freelance steelies, try to designe something, could work. let entertainers and studios know we have a pool of guy's ready to make some wooly jumpers.
Last edited by slimbo on Tue May 15, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
slimbo
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby slimbo » Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 am

What did he say? ;)
slimbo
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Arcada » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

Jim Pritchard wrote:It would be great to make a list of LOCAL players who could help out, without too much travelling/ expences etc.
Perhaps ADMIN may be able to set up an extra post for this to happen :idea:

Something like this: Player Map? :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Arcada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slimbo » Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Great idea, click on an area, and get a list of all steelies who are available to work in that area, i.e. mail or phone No, and availability.
Could work well if updated regularly, Iv'e had John cover for me a couple of times, and I'm covering with Ridgeway country at the mo, and have covered with Twilight Country, and it keeps the old brain working to learn all thoes different songs.
slimbo
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Arcada » Tue May 15, 2012 4:05 pm

slimbo wrote:Great idea, click on an area, and get a list of all steelies who are available to work in that area, i.e. mail or phone No, and availability.
Could work well if updated regularly, Iv'e had John cover for me a couple of times, and I'm covering with Ridgeway country at the mo, and have covered with Twilight Country, and it keeps the old brain working to learn all thoes different songs.

The map was just something I threw together quickly, if you guys think it could be useful let me know and I'll make a link to it in the forum header links.

EDIT: The Member Map is now a permanent link at the top of the page. I've split this topic, any posts re the Member Map have been moved to the topic below: -

Member Map topic
Arcada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby acerod » Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Just wondering what happens when a band wants David Hartley and gets me instead?
Zumsteel Encore 3+5, Mooer Red Truck, Goodrich Match-Bro, Tech 21 Para Driver, Roland Cube 30x, Guvnor dobro, '89 Fender Squier, '84 Tokai Breezysound Tele, and several accoustic guitars. COPD and bad back!
acerod
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby STEDDIE EDDIE » Thu May 17, 2012 10:50 pm

hmmm !!!!!! in an ideal world ! with enough gigs to go around, while i can understand playing more local, taking into account the soaring cost of fuel, and travelling times etc, and while i appreciated the humour of posters with regard to other steelies taking all the gigs in a certain area, in reality this just wouldnt work, ajk actually made a valid point re closed shops, you cant just carve up the country and say this is my area, i would imagine there are not enough gigs around to be able to trade them with other steelies, and does that mean i would incur the wrath of our scottish contingent when i return to Scotland in August, or will i face a picket line of steelies at my next English gig, i might even have Roy coming after me on saturday week when i venture over the border into crossmolina, county mayo, dont mean to pour scorn on an idealistic idea, but it just wont work, there would be civil war in Scotland, where a lot of gigging steelies are in fairly close proximity, AND finally, the bands in question might have something to say about a lesser steelie turning out for their gig, or even someone they dont particulary like turning up, cos their chosen steelie is geographically out of his area ! and it could cause havoc at the next irish festival with only Paul Brennan and Phil o'neill allowed to play, being Dublin based.
Carter sd10 USA Fender Telecaster, digitech rp155, Goodrich ldr2 vp, peavey nashville 112 electro-voice, Roland 80XL,
STEDDIE EDDIE
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Postby Malcolm » Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 am

Eddie the Border Authorities have been alerted, and the special forces (Zumbilly and Donny) have been mobilised to repel any attempt to breach our playing area. :lol: :lol:
MSA Millennium SD1O, GK MB200,Sica 12 and Telonics 15 speakers , Joyo American Sound pre amp, Jay Ganz Straight Ahead 500w class D Amp, Hilton pedal, Peterson tuners,Digitech RP150,Scott Dixon seat/ flight case.
Malcolm
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby Arcada » Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 am

I've moved the preceding two posts from the "Member Map" topic to this one :)

Although the "Member Map" topic was originally spawned from this one, it's purpose is not just for "who can cover who". It's more of a "who is where" and how far are they are generally willing to travel to a gig (either as the original booking or as cover).
Arcada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Donny Johnston » Fri May 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Don't worry Eddie, were not even as good as Dads Army. Uncle Roy got drummed out for being too old.
Blanton D10, Justice s10, Fender Acoustasonic 150, 1 Brain, 2 Hands, 2 Knees, & 2 Feet.
Donny Johnston
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

PreviousNext

Return to Steel Players