Sho-Bud spares

Old "Wanted" and "For Sale" posts go in here. Read Only.

Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Could anyone please advise me on how much this lot would be worth,these parts MAY!! be available,if I get a decent offer,there would be a complete changer 3up 1down,ally neck,2 pedals 2 pedal rods,cross shafts,bell cranks the brass collar type,pull rods and head stock loaded with Grover machine heads.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 pm

I have done some research on the Steel Guitar Forum on the value of these parts,and I was very surprised at what they could be worth, so if I remove the back neck and decide to sell the parts,then the changer ,the neck and fret board could set you back nearly £250 ,that,s without the headstock complete with Grover tuners that's another £80+plus then there are all the other parts another £100 for the cross shafts bell cranks pickup pedal rods and pedals That works out at over £400 so If I do go ahead with the strip down that,s what the parts are worth or I either Sell or PX all the parts for a good 8/10 string lap steel.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jason Lynch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I may be interested in the neck, if you're tempted to split the lot up?
pm me if you're interested, Jimmy.
cheers.
Jason Lynch
 

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Ok Jason,will do.Cheers.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Just to inform those that sent me offers ,the parts MAY!!! no longer be available, due to a pending trade for a lighter steel...




Cheers..
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud D10 for sale, or stripped and the parts sold.

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:50 am

Once again my really nice old Sho-Bud D10 Pro 3 Custom steel is either up for sale £1450 or as a PX for a decent Universal.Or I will keep it and Go a head and strip my steel of it,s back neck and sell all the parts for £350.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Please only PM if genuinely interested.Thanks.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 am

Ok, because of an offer that was a little low for what was on offer in PX,had it maybe been another £25 extra to help pay for the courier my end, the reason is I would have had to pay to send 2 cases at a cost of nearly £50 then I may have been interested in a trade, so I will probably go ahead and remove the back neck and maybe sell the parts, I really do not want to have to do this to this lovely old steel, but because of health problems getting worse and still having gigs I find it is getting too hard now to cope with the weight of my D10. So unless something else comes up very soon I will go a head with pulling it to bits, then hopefully I will be able to manage the weight a bit easier.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

I don,t really want to ...BUT...

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 am

I do not want to have to do this and thanks for the offers of a couple of trades, but, because getting to the point that I need to lighten my load I may just go ahead with the removal of the back neck ,but before I do I thought I would try one more time to trade this really nice old steel for a decent universal.

ADMIN EDIT: Topics merged and re-opened. Please do not post different topics for the same item.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Sho-Bud spares

Postby Jimmy Gibson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:57 am

Sorry Admin,I did not realise I had,thanks for letting me know.
Jimmy Gibson
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Next

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

cron