Old "Wanted" and "For Sale" posts go in here. Read Only.
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:12 pm
Roland 80X bought from JD. £150 + Postage. I used it once. Didn't give me what I wanted. Good amp though.
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:35 pm
Hi Donny
For the rehearsels I use sinde 2 weeks one or two Peavey PVXp 12 and the sound is quite similar as a BW 1501-4 ohm.
Build in are two amps, 1 for the high frequencies and one for the low freq. Ths speakerbox has more than enough power in combination with a good preamp. Ask your dealer for a try-out.
There is a fan build in, but you don't hear it when there is some noise.
I am satisfied with them, until the new Peavey Session 115 comes and I know, that he is coming to Europe; got a mail from the factory.
See:
https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/665/118109Succes with your amps and see you in Dublin!
Thijs Kappen
Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:19 am
Thanks Thijs, sounds a good set up.
Roland still for sale. Donny.
Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 pm
I have had an enquiry about the cube 80 asking if it would be alright for small gigs. I was unable to answer the question as I have not used it at a gig. ( I don't gig anymore ) Can I ask anyone who uses a cube 80 regularly to offer an opinion. Thanks, Donny.
Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:18 pm
Donny it is adequate if it is not heavy metal for a reasonable sized room or pub .... if you want to improve it build the cab 60mm taller and fit a JBL E120 if you want to be louder still get another one and use them both.......
Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm
Well Donny, I have owned an 80XL since they first came out and used it for pub gigs and small venues. I also have an 80GX that I bought last year from Drumshack as they were selling it cheap. I like the 80 series Cubes for steel guitar. They get the job done, but I mainly use my two for playing my Tele through it on gigs these days, or running backing tracks through them in stereo.
Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:58 pm
I have used a 40watt XL which has plenty of poke and has done a sterling job at a mid-sized pub venue, so I'd have thought the 80 watt would have more than enough for anything other than large halls or loud bands!
Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm
Now sold, please close. Donny
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.