Switch to full style
Old "Wanted" and "For Sale" posts go in here. Read Only.
Topic locked

Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:06 am

I have a Sho-Bud Pro 3 SD10 and the original case is very heavy and almost impossible to ferry around to gigs.

I’d love to get a wheeled case but not sure where to look for one. Would I need to get one custome made or are there companies that stock them?

Cheers

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Alex, This is what I use for my Bolt on S10 D/b Emmons it is a little tight but thats all to the good it is very snug in there and being ex M.O.D. they are fairly indestructable and weigh tween 6 and 7 kg. my case with guitar in goes 24.8 kg. I had 6 or 8 of them but they went like hot cakes>>>> I may know where one could be had if it suits your guitar......
Attachments
20190125_122958.jpg
20190125_122929.jpg
20190125_122905.jpg

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for the reply John,

Do those cases have wheels on? It’s for the who-bud you sold me back in November!

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:36 pm

look at middle pic
I know you cannot fit a D10 in one but a S10 D/B is possible check with Jonathon "East Lonsome Drifters" I think he has a Bud.....

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Do you have Jonathan’s info?

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 pm

I have one of Johns wheeled case that I don’t need,if you are interested please PM .


Cheers Jimmy..

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Alex, I can confirm that my Sho Bud LDG (sd10) fits in John's case. Laziness and having a long to-do list has prevented me from fitting it out with foam. It will take a bit of creativity and clever blocking to fit the legs and pedal bar but it's doable. Probably best to find a professional case builder to do the job.

Jonathan

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:58 pm

If you love your pedal steel best not to even think of doing it yourself go to a case Company those guys do it all day long and they have got the kit to do it. I use Packhorse in Peterborough they wanted to charge me 30 quid but I gave them 40 and sure as hell got my money's worth my Emmons is snug as a bug in a rug :)

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll take a look at packhorse cases too!

Re: Lightweight Wheeled Case

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Hope I am not highjacking this topic,but I have a case I got from John I don’t need,so if anyone is interested please PM.

Jimmy
Topic locked