News of forthcoming Steel Guitar events, meetings and Festivals
Post a reply

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Hope to be there at Barford on3rd Oct, I am having cataract op on 20th Sept but hope to be ok by then. Two more to add to your total. Looking forward to it. Regards John Grindey

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:21 am

:D My thanks to all of you that have confirmed attendance, it is shaping up quite well this time.
In an effort to improve the whole experience for all of us feel free to make suggestions either on here or PM me if you prefer, I am not saying I will take it all on board but I will consider everyones point of view if I think it will improve the meeting.....
A couple of things that bought the last one down a bit for me (and several others) was the volume level got a bit out of hand in places We want quality not quantity ......
And we want to hear ONE steel at a time!!.....THIS is THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE! In return I promise you will all get your turn. (if you want it)
I accept that everyone plays during the beginners tuition period but after 4-30pm. one at a time OK? :)

Bring your steel related items for the "For Sale" table...... and please>>> you experienced players>>> find and introduce yourself to one of our beginners and give them a bit of "one to one" help up to the 4-30 deadline.....that is what they have come for!!!
I have chopped half an hour off the teaching time to give our intermediate players a little more space to strut their stuff..
:guitar:

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 am

:D Three weeks and counting!!!!!! Find someone to travel with>>>> Get organised>>> tell your friends>>> lets make it a Good`un!! :)

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:28 am

Count me in John.
Also, anyone in need of a lift let me know. Coming from Whitchurch, Shropshire.

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:06 pm

:D Two weeks and counting!!!!!!

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello all
PLEASE SEE PREVIOUS POSTS ON BARFORD MEETINGS FOR DIRECTIONS AND DETAIL !!
Could someone post a link as I'm finding it difficult, for some reason to find the previous post with the details
AS I would like come...
Thank you RgDs Paul

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi Paul, Here is a Google map link to Fishers close, Gt Barford. You may have to copy and paste it into your web browser! Hope it works. Jason
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... 01369&z=17

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks Jason
That is a fair old way....any idea of times please
RdGs Paul

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:37 pm

doors usually open at 3:00 pm. get there a few mins early to set up if you're playing. Where abouts are you Paul, perhaps somebody can offer you a lift?

Re: Next Barford Meeting 3/10/10

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Hello Paul,
Meeting starts a 3 pm. doors WILL NOT OPEN until 5 mins to three so no point getting there much earlier..... first one and a half hours is for helping the beginners........ after 4-30 intermediate players...... after 7-30 we will enjoy the superstars....After 4-30 we hope to hear ONE STEEL GUITAR AT A TIME OK >>> 8-)
Post a reply