News of forthcoming Steel Guitar events, meetings and Festivals
Post a reply

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:09 am

A big thank you to all those who attended the NESGF. I certainly had a great time and plenty of laughs. Why is it that the nerves play up playing in front of other steel players. Never mind.

Here you go Willie - the cameras were out.

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 am

If you want a nice fast one then go to Lap Steel Lunatics on facebook and look for my post there. Still waiting for vids to arrive so not on YouTube yet.

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 am

And here is another one.

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 am

Well, it's over for another year - but it was GRAND! Video was captured Willie, and some is up already (thanks Mick) :D
My heartfelt thanks to all the friends who supported the event; I think I managed to thank everyone personally but, if I missed anyone - thank you. Everybody played superbly and the atmosphere was so friendly that (almost all?) nerves were pushed out of mind. We got some vocals with steel backing from Donny Johnson and Mick Hearn's daughter Kay. The King and Henriques "family bands" were in great form too and are a great help to those of us/me who can't do BIAB :oops:
STOP PRESS[i] the photos have also started to roll in so there'll be some posted here very soon :D

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:23 pm

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR AN ABSOLUTE BRILLIANT TWO DAY EVENT AT THE 2019 NESGF.
I HAD A GREAT TIME . YOU WILL NOT MEET A BETTER GATHERING OF MUSICIANS AND THEIR WIVES.
ALL I KNOW IS IT CAN,T COME AROUND QUICK ENOUGH FOR ME.

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 pm

It was a great weekend. There was a lot of excellent steel playing and also a friendly atmosphere. I’m processing some YouTube vids and will post them in the next couple of days.
A big thank you to Tony for organising the Festival and also to Vikki and her staff at the Buck Inn.

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Thank you very much Mick, it is great to see and hear other players, some tasty playing my friend
I hope Donny was on his best behaviour. Looking forward to the rest of the videos and photos.

Asleep at the steel

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Not sure I did this correctly

Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:26 pm

There you go Keith, very good videos.



Re: North of England Steel Guitar Festival 2019

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks Roy. I have more vids and I’ll try to “do better” next time.
Post a reply