Page 1 of 1

I've just been given this...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2026 2:08 pm
by Gary Clark
Screenshot 2026-02-11 at 14.02.15.jpg
Pedal Steel


Hello Everyone, a friend suggested this forum.
I've just been left this Fender..i think a pedal steel, I have the foot pedals, but none of the rods. Can anyone advise on what it really is....I'm a keyboard player really, so i will probably sell it, but i'd love to find out more. I have the legs too.
Cheers
Gary

Re: I've just been given this...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2026 8:51 pm
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Hi Gary, I dont think it was built to have pedals i think its a lap steel with legs made with some Fender parts and I think its long scale, needs a tidy up but someone will love it.

Re: I've just been given this...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2026 9:50 pm
by bob adams
The casting below suggests it's the top of an old 400 reworked albeit!

Re: I've just been given this...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 12:55 am
by Gary Clark
JohnDavisStringsHere wrote:Hi Gary, I dont think it was built to have pedals i think its a lap steel with legs made with some Fender parts and I think its long scale, needs a tidy up but someone will love it.


Cheers for the reply John, I've got the legs and a pedal board, which looks like its in the same paint work, again..a little beaten up. I think ..if it did have rods, no-one would've known what they were or that they belonged to this. I just looked underneath... i know, i maybe should've done before now..haha. But it does appear to have working which would point to it having rods, leading to 4 pedals.
Hopefully the photo comes up with this.
Cheers again, sorry, it took me a while to find my question i posted....hahaha
Gary

Re: I've just been given this...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 12:57 am
by Gary Clark
bob adams wrote:The casting below suggests it's the top of an old 400 reworked albeit!


Thanks Bob, i'll have to look up what a 400 is..hahaha...but at least it is something which has a number.
Thanks again
Gary