Switch to full style
The place for our latest members to say hi! and for us to welcome!
Post a reply

New Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 am

Hello Steelers,
I`m a long time country guitar Player from Switzerland.
A year ago I started playing Lap Steel, then went to a Duesenberg Fairytale Lap Steel with Benders. I knew, sooner or later I will get to the Pedal Steel.
Now I`m ready to buy my first PSG. But... what should I buy. I`m sure, you guys have a lot of expierience to show an Newbie the way.

Greetings from Switzerland

Martin

Re: New Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 am

Hello Martin..

The only advice I can give based upon my own experience is, get the best you can afford, good second hand steel guitars do exist and sometimes a used one may be a bargain, BUT ask here before hitting the "Buy It Now" button. John Davis is a good man to deal with and often has excellent used and refurbished guitars.

Re: New Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Exactly what Basil said. Donny

Re: New Member

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:19 am

Here is what is in the pipeline.... The red and yellow one is waitng to find its legs .... The Shobud type (pull release) is having a complete refit and will be a S10 with Pad when its done,,,,,,,, White/Emmons/Davis/Bennett was too much of a label to get on the pedal bar so I will just give Cliff White the credit for this one. The Red one is the Lefty....
Attachments
20190628_092501.jpg
20190628_092312.jpg
20190628_092246.jpg
20190628_083012.jpg
20190628_082955.jpg
20190628_082948.jpg
20190628_082922.jpg

Re: New Member

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:45 pm

For the benefit of all who look at the pictures pause for a moment and just think of the amount of work going into the refurbishment of each guitar, it's not just a simple matter of taking a guitar out of its case and giving it a dust down and polish, when an instrument has been stored in a case for a long period all sorts of problems can occur.

John spends hours servicing and adjusting each guitar to get it up to a good playing standard, each one is a challenge and must give a certain amount of job satisfaction when finished but I just don't know when he gets the time to watch that telly.
Keep up the good work and don't stop posting pictures John as it's a pleasure to look at your work in progress, you also help a lot of people with their problems and difficulties in this society.
Robert
Post a reply