This could be the embarassing corner but it should be fun
Post a reply

Pinkertons Colours

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Here is Pinkertons Colours featuring a youg Dave Nash on steel, ah ,those were the days !
Frank. Corfu
good ole boys skippers.jpg
:D :P

Re: Pinkertons Colours

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Frank
Pinkertons Colours were a completely different band to Pinkerton County. Singer Norman Mourant, bass player Brian Coe, Drummer Kevin O'Rourke and Dave on pedal steel. Good band, but Norman never used to keep a band for too long before moving on to something else. I did many a gig with Brian Coe before he sadly and prematurely passed away about 20 years ago. Kevin lives less than a quarter of a mile away from me, and we still do the odd gig here and there with Ed Nix on vocals.

Dave wrapped up playing several years ago, and that is a loss. He is the quickest and smoothest steel player in the UK, and never enjoyed playing counctry music very much. He's now into climbing, and is exceptionally fit. We used to have a number of good steel players in Southampton back in the 70's and 80's. Only 3 left now.

Thanks for the photo and the memories.

Ken
Last edited by Ken Byng on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Jeeze Ken !
How could I drop a b------K like that ? the name is under the photo in black and white !
must be definitely old age !
I did'nt know Dave had packed it in, as you say, truly a great loss to the steel scene, I just
hope we ain't going the same way as the Dodo !
All the best
Frank. Corfu

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 pm

You are so right Ken, Dave was some player but he told me due to not being able to get to play with jazz bands on steel that is why he jacked it in and bought a bass ages ago. But what a loss to steel guitar!
Post a reply