New creation from Dave Nash.

News and views on all things Lap Steel

New creation from Dave Nash.

Postby Uncle Roy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:19 pm

Dave sent me the photograph of his latest project, a six string lap steel guitar with twin pickups.
A cool looking guitar!
Attachments
IMG_1918.jpeg
Uncle Roy

Re: New creation from Dave Nash.

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am

clever guy.
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby Ken Byng » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:09 pm

Uncle Roy wrote:Dave sent me the photograph of his latest project, a six string lap steel guitar with twin pickups.
A cool looking guitar!

Looks great. Just one issue - he seems to have put the strings on back to front!! :roll: :D
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Postby Ken Byng » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:54 pm

Just an addendum to my facetious comment above. Of course all of us who know Dave, and I have since 1970, will know that he is left handed. I spoke to him recently about his various pedal steels that he's built. He built his own pedal steels because he couldn't find a guitar built to his spec in a left handed version. He was very surprised when I told him that Lloyd Green and Curly Chalker are both left hand but play right handed. Dave built his recent guitars with volume controlled by a knee lever. He also installed a Boss tuner into the cabinet of his latest guitar. He was one of the first in the UK to put a humbucking pickup in his guitars. His attention to detail on anything he builds is very significant, hence why his lap steel above looks very professionally constructed.

Above his building skills, he is an extremely good player in his own unique style of swing and pop. He spent a lot of time perfecting and mastering pick blocking. That is far from easy playing at speed as he does.
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Return to Lap Steel Players