To music lovers everywhere

This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!

To music lovers everywhere

Postby RonMc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 am

I don't blame this guy, it is definitely not music, just a noise, and totally out of order;
http://www.aol.co.uk/video/hotel-guest- ... 5509237_uk
Roland amps, Telecaster, Tyros 4 and several self built steels.
User avatar
RonMc
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am
Location: Milton Keynes
Real Name: Ron McLaren

Re: To music lovers everywhere

Postby Danny Mitchell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 am

I've been that guy :lol:
When my upstairs neighbours went on holiday and their young son decided to stage a rave :evil:
Murder :censored: Polis!
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: To music lovers everywhere

Postby mick hearn » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm

I have not been on the receiving end but was certainly an instigator in the early hours of the morning.

As some of you may know I was a copper for 30 years and a lot of that time was in Sudbury. Dolly Parton was on tour and her and her band stayed one night at the Swan Hotel at Lavenham which is about 6 miles from Sudbury. I was on night shift and teamed up with another and I told him that we needed to do a bar check at the hotel. He was eager once I explained. :o
Having gained access I ended up having a jam session with the band on acoustic guitars in the bar. :guitar: It was great. I had only just handed the guitar back when an irate guest and his wife came down complaining of the noise. Quickly jumping in to official mood I said "That's why we are here sir. I think things will be quieter now. " "Thank you officer" was the reply and he retreated to his room. We all had a giggle and then I bid a hasty retreat. :o

Mind you - it was a treat I never would have missed.
ShoBud 6139 - Remington Steelmaster - George Boards 8 String - Gretsch Country Gent - National Twin 8 Console x 2 - National New Yorker and a shed full of guitars.
mick hearn
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:59 pm
Real Name: mick hearn

Re: To music lovers everywhere

Postby Danny Mitchell » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Ha Ha! That's a great story Mick :D
A Copper Steelie with a neck of Brass :lol:
Definitely a case of a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Thanks for 'fessin up :lol:
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: To music lovers everywhere

Postby Jif » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Great story Mick, reminded me of a Marx Bros story you may have heard.

Whilst they were working on one of their films they were staying in a swanky hotel where Chico and Harpo used to entertain the guests in the evenings in the bar with their antics on the piano. Unfortunately Groucho had the suite above the bar and was getting increasingly annoyed with the racket they were making as he was trying to concentrate on writing scripts for the film.

So after appealing to their better nature which of course made them play louder, one evening he hired and quietly smuggled an orchestra into his suite, when they started playing that night, you guessed it, the orchestra fired up and drowned them out :lol:
User avatar
Jif
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Scotland
Real Name: Geoff Noble

Re: To music lovers everywhere

Postby mick hearn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 am

Would you believe it? Saw the following message in my YouTube video of "Georgia on my Mind" - 'I'm glad the hours that I spent in a patrol car while you jammed with Dolly Parton weren't wasted then Mick.' He was was my observer that night. Years after the event and out of the blue. Brilliant.
ShoBud 6139 - Remington Steelmaster - George Boards 8 String - Gretsch Country Gent - National Twin 8 Console x 2 - National New Yorker and a shed full of guitars.
mick hearn
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:59 pm
Real Name: mick hearn


Return to Steel Guitar Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests