Page 1 of 1

Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:33 am
by Danny Mitchell
I have it on good authority that BBC Alba, at 9pm, will be showing a program on Scotdisc. The celebrated record label that is the home of the one and only Sidney Devine :guitar:
As our very own, Dougie Stevenson is the Scotdisc MD, and Steak and Kidney's steelie of choice, there's a good chance we might see footage of Dougie in action :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am
by Mcneilwaeasteel
Danny
I have it written on parchment ( as in the TV magazine ) that the Scotdisc program is on BBC one at 9pm :roll:
The " Cheuchter " Chanel might have it as well but for the Weigie population like us yin's in Bonnie Glesga 8-) BBC 1 is a better choice :lol: :lol:
Other Brothers can decide for thursel's whit wan they want tae watch, but aha Ken whit 1 ah'm gonna see! :lol: :guitar: :guitar:

Any members south of Hadrians wall may wish to tune in to BBC one Scotland, to view the program previously mentioned in this post, as the upper echelons of the BBC speak the Queens English, like what you do, you should be able to understand most of the words if you slow them down a little teeny weeny bit. :o
Regards to all
Robert

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am
by Danny Mitchell
Thank you brother Robert :D
I had 'chinese whispered' your info and turned it into fake news :oops: and that's me stone cold sober. :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Outstanding :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Get it watched :D

Then pre-order Dougie Stevenson's Steel Guitar Chill Out :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 pm
by bob adams
Yip, Excellent! What memories!! Great footage of Dougie! :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm
by Mcneilwaeasteel
Well worth the new batteries in my hearing aids :guitar: :guitar:
Danny who am I to come between you and Dougie? :lol:
When you get the album bring it and I'll pass it on for his autograph, what's your wife's name for the dedication? :lol: :lol: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 am
by Danny Mitchell
Ha Ha! That's most kind of you,Robert. My husband's name is Desmond. :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm
by Mcneilwaeasteel
Danielle
Same "Desmond that had a barrow in the marketplace,
Dannie was a steelie in a band, Desmond said to Dannie, Hey I like your face :P
And Dannie said this as he takes him by the hand. :roll:
Obla di obla da life goes on :shock: ect :guitar: ect :guitar:
Life is complete :roll: :lol: :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm
by Donny Johnston
Dougie was the first person I ever saw playing lap steel, so everything that's happened to me since is all his fault. I wouln't change a thing.
Great memories. I think that's the most i've heard Dougie speak.
Perhaps I should mention he is a regular at the SSGW.

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 am
by Danny Mitchell
Donny Johnston wrote:I think that's the most i've heard Dougie speak.


Absolutely, Donny. And what an astute gentleman he is. I never gave Scotdisc much thought, I'd always reckoned it was Steak and Kidney's own label. All power to Dougie and Bill :guitar: