Page 1 of 1

How good does this sound.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am
by Danny Mitchell


One hundred year old wood, Lubberly Jubberly :guitar:

Re: How good does this sound.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm
by Mcneilwaeasteel
Danny
Who said " there ai'nt no tens " this is mind blowing :shock: , where is steel guitar building going to go next! :o
Sadly if I put in a request to "Santa" for this one :P , I'd end up at the bottom of the Clyde for the next 100 years :roll:
I'll just have to settle for a brass plaque with my name on it, screwed to the bottom of my own guitar, until I check my lottery ticket :lol:
Robert

Re: How good does this sound.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm
by Ken Byng
Mr Adams has his amp set to make the MSA sound very Mullen-like. It's funny, but when a lot of players get a new steel, they adjust the amp until it sounds like their 'normal' tone. He is used to an extremely bright sounding guitar, and thus has his amp set that way for the MSA. Having looked closely at Spence Scott's MSA last Thursday, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail. But, Spence's sunburst Show Pro is also very beautiful and I would be hard pushed to choose the one that I find the most aesthetically pleasing. Tone-wise, I think that MSA has improved light years from those produced in the 60's and 70's. Mark Giles bodies have made a huge difference to the modern MSA tone. :D

Re: How good does this sound.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am
by Haddock
I wish I'd never seen this! I fear it has planted a very expensive seed.........