How good does this sound.

This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!

How good does this sound.

Postby Danny Mitchell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am



One hundred year old wood, Lubberly Jubberly :guitar:
GFI Ultra keyless S10 4+5 Emmon's setup + Sigler, Li'l Izzy, Hilton volume pedal, Roland Cube 80gx, Joyo American Sound Pre-amp, Behringer VD400 Delay Pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD and a brace of bars, Ben's, Ezzee-Slide, Pearse, BJS, SIT nickel strings.
User avatar
Danny Mitchell
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: How good does this sound.

Postby Mcneilwaeasteel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Danny
Who said " there ai'nt no tens " this is mind blowing :shock: , where is steel guitar building going to go next! :o
Sadly if I put in a request to "Santa" for this one :P , I'd end up at the bottom of the Clyde for the next 100 years :roll:
I'll just have to settle for a brass plaque with my name on it, screwed to the bottom of my own guitar, until I check my lottery ticket :lol:
Robert
No longer slummin, I’ve got a Mullen and a damn good amp as well,
they’ll be well played, if not played well, seat time alone must tell!
Mcneilwaeasteel
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:04 pm
Real Name: Robert Mac Neilage

Re: How good does this sound.

Postby Ken Byng » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Mr Adams has his amp set to make the MSA sound very Mullen-like. It's funny, but when a lot of players get a new steel, they adjust the amp until it sounds like their 'normal' tone. He is used to an extremely bright sounding guitar, and thus has his amp set that way for the MSA. Having looked closely at Spence Scott's MSA last Thursday, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail. But, Spence's sunburst Show Pro is also very beautiful and I would be hard pushed to choose the one that I find the most aesthetically pleasing. Tone-wise, I think that MSA has improved light years from those produced in the 60's and 70's. Mark Giles bodies have made a huge difference to the modern MSA tone. :D
Show Pro D10 (amber) 8 + 6, MSA Signature XL D10 (redburst) 9 + 6, Sho~Bud D10 (sunburst) Pro 111 8 + 6, Emmons D10 Push Pull - (black) 8+5, Zumsteel D10 (blue) 8 + 8, Hudson pedal resonator, 10 string lap steel. Telonics, Peavey & Webb amps,
User avatar
Ken Byng
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 3367
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

Re: How good does this sound.

Postby Haddock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

I wish I'd never seen this! I fear it has planted a very expensive seed.........
Haddock
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:53 pm
Real Name: Calum Maclean


Return to Steel Guitar Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron