Page 1 of 1

Carl Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 pm
by slimbo


How many of you remember Carl Gibson, very good showman, I just found a video, my first effort in 81 up on the tube, just a couple of tracks, thou It makes me wonder how certain parties seem to think the video is there's, I still have the master on Beta in the cupboard, the camera was a Sony tube so the pic's are a little low on detaile but well worth a look, will have to get another beta player and copy to DVD, sad he left us under dramatic circumstances.
He used three copycat's in unison to get the echo affect, and the Gibson I think was gold plated, and he played it well.

Re: Carl Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:53 pm
by Tony Russell Davis
That Gibson sure looks like a Gretsch :shock:

Re: Carl Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm
by slimbo
Sorry, I'm just a steelie. :oops:

Re: Carl Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:27 pm
by Tony Smart
What an outstanding singer. - Deserved more recognition.

Re: Carl Gibson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 pm
by dessa
That's a Gretsch White Falcon FYI :)