Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:08 am
by Danny Mitchell
Ken, were you ever involved with the Black & White Minstrels?
Apologies for the off topic and off colour post, you've got to be careful these days.
Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm
by Haddock
I found myself worrying about condensation damaging the finish so now practice wearing this.
Seriously though it’s interesting how different folk are. The appearance of my instruments is way down the list and I can’t relax properly with a guitar until the ‘newness’ thing is over. It’s only a tool and interesting that the dearest Fender strats you can buy now are the ‘distressed’ ones that emulate properly old ones. A used thing is always nicer IMO.
Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:50 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Haddock wrote:I. A used thing is always nicer IMO.
Surely this would never apply to the condom, or the sheet of Izal? Heaven forfend

Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 pm
by Haddock
No doubt It will amuse you that I Googled the ‘Sheet of Izal’ expecting some ancient artefact only to discover Mr Mitchell was talking shit!
Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 pm
by Danny Mitchell
Ken Byng wrote:Fair play - for those people who are happy to see their guitars age and naturally deteriorate with time, they should completely ignore or stay off this thread as I do with theirs.
Guilty as charged, Ken. Consider me ignorant and gone.
Re: LIFTING YOUR PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 pm
by bob adams
Under no circumstance do you disappear Mr Mitchell!........................
Ken, you are obviously in a position financially to address any issue should it present itself.
To judge?
I've only been involved with aluminium in sheet, billet, extrusion and cast form for 50yrs +
so what would I know?
In my youth I polished extrusions for the sides of buses, many hours with fine steel wool, Brasso and paper! When sent out you could see your face on it!.... true story!!!
Alloy can always be brought back to its original beauty.
However!
I can understand the thought that it should be treated with care, with or without gloves!
So if it works ......... don't knock it if you ain't tried it!