This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!
Post a reply

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm

When are you taking orders John ?

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 pm

Every time I see her indoors Alan..... :?

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Haha!! you got it then!! Good for you!

Can I retire now please! :D :D

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Looking good, John! Hope no more damage has come to your appendage(s) during the machining process... :lol:

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:16 am

I think so Bob Adams, thats you and I put out to grass now, we wont be able to 'pull the wool over his eyes' when we say how difficult it is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Very impressive parts John and top tip about the side and face cutter. Now, where would a person acquire such a device with an arbor to fit a mill? Haven’t found a great place to buy this stuff yet. Don’t worry, I’m not going into competition- too busy inventing solutions to problems that probably don’t need solved........
Cheers
Calum

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:48 pm

that's ok Calum I am busy making Emmons levers that probably no one wants..... I bought the cutting disc on eBay and the arbor from an engineering supplies co in Leicester that RonTold me about....very reasonable.

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for that John. Of course, one thing led to another and Robert’s premonition of doom is beginning to sound like being fulfilled. I didn’t expect to have a later years arbor collection.......
Cheers
Calum

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Latter years arbor collection........... Tip of the iceberg 'my son' !!!

And as for you Mr Davis! You once said to me you should not be doing things that can damage your hands it may finish your steel playing career and you can't be doing that!

I now regret the nod on the 'side and face cutter' and don't want to be responsible for the loss of any of your digits!

So.....

Serious advice now to all you budding engineers ... wear industrial gloves they are only a quid in B&Q ... I have already ripped off some glove that could easily have been my finger...... Never use a cutter without them!

;) ;)

Re: Very quiet on here at the moment so,

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:20 am

Apologies for the grammar Bob. I fear I may have been spellchecked. ;)
Top tip about gloves. No need to point out that glasses are also essential. I can’t see a thing up close without them on anyway!
Post a reply