Switch to full style
This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!
Post a reply

Scotdisc on the telly

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:33 am

I have it on good authority that BBC Alba, at 9pm, will be showing a program on Scotdisc. The celebrated record label that is the home of the one and only Sidney Devine :guitar:
As our very own, Dougie Stevenson is the Scotdisc MD, and Steak and Kidney's steelie of choice, there's a good chance we might see footage of Dougie in action :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am

Danny
I have it written on parchment ( as in the TV magazine ) that the Scotdisc program is on BBC one at 9pm :roll:
The " Cheuchter " Chanel might have it as well but for the Weigie population like us yin's in Bonnie Glesga 8-) BBC 1 is a better choice :lol: :lol:
Other Brothers can decide for thursel's whit wan they want tae watch, but aha Ken whit 1 ah'm gonna see! :lol: :guitar: :guitar:

Any members south of Hadrians wall may wish to tune in to BBC one Scotland, to view the program previously mentioned in this post, as the upper echelons of the BBC speak the Queens English, like what you do, you should be able to understand most of the words if you slow them down a little teeny weeny bit. :o
Regards to all
Robert

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you brother Robert :D
I had 'chinese whispered' your info and turned it into fake news :oops: and that's me stone cold sober. :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Outstanding :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Get it watched :D

Then pre-order Dougie Stevenson's Steel Guitar Chill Out :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 pm

Yip, Excellent! What memories!! Great footage of Dougie! :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Well worth the new batteries in my hearing aids :guitar: :guitar:
Danny who am I to come between you and Dougie? :lol:
When you get the album bring it and I'll pass it on for his autograph, what's your wife's name for the dedication? :lol: :lol: :guitar: :guitar:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 am

Ha Ha! That's most kind of you,Robert. My husband's name is Desmond. :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Danielle
Same "Desmond that had a barrow in the marketplace,
Dannie was a steelie in a band, Desmond said to Dannie, Hey I like your face :P
And Dannie said this as he takes him by the hand. :roll:
Obla di obla da life goes on :shock: ect :guitar: ect :guitar:
Life is complete :roll: :lol: :lol:

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Dougie was the first person I ever saw playing lap steel, so everything that's happened to me since is all his fault. I wouln't change a thing.
Great memories. I think that's the most i've heard Dougie speak.
Perhaps I should mention he is a regular at the SSGW.

Re: Scotdisc on the telly

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 am

Donny Johnston wrote:I think that's the most i've heard Dougie speak.


Absolutely, Donny. And what an astute gentleman he is. I never gave Scotdisc much thought, I'd always reckoned it was Steak and Kidney's own label. All power to Dougie and Bill :guitar:
Post a reply