Switch to full style
This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!
Post a reply

Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc...

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 am

Something that "irks" me a little, are the many regular posts / comments re apathy, the imminent death of the forum etc. (see thread title for more examples).

Too many people hung up on views / replies. And I thought that was just a younger generation "please like me" Facebook ego type thing :lol:

It struck me today, after being offline for the weekend, that this must be the busiest dead forum I've ever seen.

Anyway, had to get it off my chest. My view and mine alone, not official BSS :mrgreen:
Attachments
bss-posts.JPG
2 days posts

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 pm

As we say in Scotland : GAUNYERSELBIGMAN. My view and mine alone, not official BSS. :mrgreen:

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:47 pm

Guilty as charged....My view and mine alone, not official BSS..but when you have gone to the bother of recording a "help" video and 90 plus may have looked at it but still there is no response you tend to think why did I bother, and it does make me wonder did I actually help anyone. I still believe response is the lifeblood of a forum but if I am wrong and I have offended anyone for that I apologize.

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:14 pm

GAUNYERSELBIGMAN, if you feel agrieved let everyone know, you are entitled to do that. My view and mine alone, not official BSS. :mrgreen: Donny.

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm

Donny Johnston wrote:GAUNYERSELBIGMAN, if you feel agrieved let everyone know, you are entitled to do that. My view and mine alone, not official BSS. :mrgreen: Donny.

Gaun yersel LDN! I concur.

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:41 pm

GaunyerselAdminman!

Re: Tumbleweed / Apathy / Input Input Input / Dead Forum etc

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 pm

JohnDavisStringsHere wrote:Guilty as charged....My view and mine alone, not official BSS..but when you have gone to the bother of recording a "help" video and 90 plus may have looked at it but still there is no response you tend to think why did I bother, and it does make me wonder did I actually help anyone. I still believe response is the lifeblood of a forum but if I am wrong and I have offended anyone for that I apologize.


I don't think you are guilty of anything John, and certainly I don't think you need to apologize.

In fact as a 'very green newbie', I find what you do for us is excellent layman's type advice that we newbies can understand and get started with on this PSG slippery road, without getting too overcome by theory.

Regards,
Baz.
Post a reply