Switch to full style
This is where you can rest a while and discuss anything - doesn't have to be steel guitar related!
Post a reply

The Country Side of Harmonica Sam

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 pm

I was at a Rockabilly gig the other day and heard what I thought was an original 50s/60s country/rockabilly record, but then noticed it had pedal steel rather than non-pedal steel, which was a bit inconsistent for the genre and era. I asked the DJ and found it was a Swedish band who are currently gigging and recording - [The Country Side of] Harmonica Sam. Check 'em out!

My buddy had the CD that we listened to in the car on the way to another gig, and it is excellent - really authentic country music, and with excellent pedal steel playing.
Has anyone seen them live?

Re: The Country Side of Harmonica Sam

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Yes, Sid, these guys are excellent. Tony from the Gartcosh meetings (a full on Rockabilly head) turned me on to them. Superb stuff, I'd bet they're a great live act. :guitar:

Re: The Country Side of Harmonica Sam

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Terrific,its great to see and hear a 'young' country band. :guitar: :guitar: :)
Post a reply