Very Sad News from our Founder.

This is for steel guitar news and announcements.

Re: Very Sad News from our Founder.

Postby Willie Gamble » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:02 am

Roy, it breaks my heart to think how you must be feeling at this time,Sylv was a beautiful person inside and out,her smile put me at ease instantly, the first time we met, here is a wee verse I penned which I hope will offer some peace at this harrowing time

When I die, don't cry for me,
My soul will fly when it's set free
Just plant a tree to mark my spot
Then maybe you'll forget me not
And in the years to come you'll see
The willow weeping over me .

If you ever need an ear Roy, give me a call
Willie
Willie Gamble
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Re: Very Sad News from our Founder.

Postby Dave Kirk » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:43 am

This is the saddest news this year! Everyone's thoughts and Prayers are with you Roy at this delicate time.

For me, on arriving at the various Steel Guitar Festivals, the day didn't start until I had made my way to The British Steelies Stand to se Roy, but looking forward to get a Hug and Kiss from Sylvia.
Her Beautiful sweet smile and cheery reception always set me up for the weekend.

We had great fun jokingly planning to run away together always in front of Roy, and at one time I asked him if he would mind chipping in with a few bob to help us elope together, but he said he was short of change so could I come back later.
If any player was a bit nervous about playing their set that weekend, Sylvia was the girl to go and see, her supportive wonderful personality was enough to put anyone at ease, everybody loved her because she was so special.
Carol and I send all our love to You and your Family Roy.
Dave Kirk

Previous

Return to News