Page 1 of 1
I need a loud amp

Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am
by David Hartley
Louder than a cube 80 (which is very nice), but not rock n roll
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:38 am
by JohnDavisStringsHere
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:33 pm
by PHILRUDWICK
David I don't know if this would be of interest to you but we are now stocking the Quilter Steelaire amps here at Wembley Music Centre.
https://www.wembleymusiccentre.com/quil ... ifier.html
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm
by bob adams
Certainly of interest and a good call
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:34 am
by David Hartley
Interesting........
Many thanks..

Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 am
by alan cannell
Boss Katana 100 .....100 watts and it won't break your back or bank
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 pm
by Paul Brennan
I'm not sure about using the Katana for steel. I have one and I use it for guitar and I think it's great. However, I wouldn't use if for steel at a gig. It's just like any other guitar amp with a 12" speaker. The steel just doesn't sound right to me. It's ok for practicing at home but when things get loud at a gig I just don't like the spiky treble of a 12" speaker for my steel. Turning down the treble is not enough as there are a lot frequencies missing.
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Tue May 23, 2017 4:58 pm
by alan cannell
You're spot on there Paul , I use the Katana for Guitar & Lap Steel on gigs with a Profex and it behaves fine. Haven't tried it with Pedal Steel but maybe with a better speaker it could cut the mustard. I think the Profex helps with eq as I think the Katana lacks something with its own tonal spectrum.
Re: I need a loud amp

Posted:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm
by Phil Caine
Hi David
I have a Fender Deluxe 112 Plus, 100 Watts advertised in the For Sale section. It'll blow the doors off!
Also have a JBL E120 if you want to go down the Cube route.
Cheers
Phil