I need a loud amp

Steel guitar items wanted

I need a loud amp

Postby David Hartley » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am

Louder than a cube 80 (which is very nice), but not rock n roll
CD's and individual tracks available to download from iTunes and CD Baby.
Email [email protected] for tuitional material and lessons.
David Hartley
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby JohnDavisStringsHere » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:38 am

David give your ears a treat, two cubes F/w JBL E120's will not only do the business for you but if you have a small venue you only have to take one in,,,, if it breaks down you have a spare plus you will have a sound to compete with any of the top end amps for really silly money...... its a win win win And nobody blows you away :)


:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:



you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink ......
JohnDavisStringsHere
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 6277
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm
Location: St Neots
Real Name: John Davis

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby PHILRUDWICK » Mon May 22, 2017 4:33 pm

David I don't know if this would be of interest to you but we are now stocking the Quilter Steelaire amps here at Wembley Music Centre.

https://www.wembleymusiccentre.com/quil ... ifier.html
PHILRUDWICK
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby bob adams » Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Certainly of interest and a good call
User avatar
bob adams
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby David Hartley » Tue May 23, 2017 3:34 am

Interesting........

Many thanks..

:P
CD's and individual tracks available to download from iTunes and CD Baby.
Email [email protected] for tuitional material and lessons.
David Hartley
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby alan cannell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 am

Boss Katana 100 .....100 watts and it won't break your back or bank
alan cannell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 am

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby Paul Brennan » Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm not sure about using the Katana for steel. I have one and I use it for guitar and I think it's great. However, I wouldn't use if for steel at a gig. It's just like any other guitar amp with a 12" speaker. The steel just doesn't sound right to me. It's ok for practicing at home but when things get loud at a gig I just don't like the spiky treble of a 12" speaker for my steel. Turning down the treble is not enough as there are a lot frequencies missing.
Paul Brennan
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:39 am

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby alan cannell » Tue May 23, 2017 4:58 pm

You're spot on there Paul , I use the Katana for Guitar & Lap Steel on gigs with a Profex and it behaves fine. Haven't tried it with Pedal Steel but maybe with a better speaker it could cut the mustard. I think the Profex helps with eq as I think the Katana lacks something with its own tonal spectrum.
alan cannell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 am

Re: I need a loud amp

Postby Phil Caine » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi David
I have a Fender Deluxe 112 Plus, 100 Watts advertised in the For Sale section. It'll blow the doors off!
Also have a JBL E120 if you want to go down the Cube route.
Cheers
Phil
Phil Caine
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm


Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests