Page 1 of 1
thumb picks
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm
by derek evans 15
hi all, does any body know if there is a xtra large thumb pick by dunlop , if not by them ,possiblly by another thumb pick maker. regards DEREK.
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm
by Jason Lynch
Derek
I have 3 by someone called Dadi. They're too large for me (The joys of eBay) and I usually use a Dunlop Large. I was going to bring them to David's next Steel meeting.
Drop me your address, I'll stick one in the post.
Jason
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:53 pm
by derek evans 15
THANKS FOR REPLY JASON ,ADDRESS IS D.EVANS 15 ARMADALE GROVE, HARTLEPOOL ,TEESSIDE , TS25 5EH, MANY THANKS, DEREK.
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:46 pm
by Jason Lynch
on it's way, Derek.
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:47 am
by Nick Bidmade
I usually have to enlarge Dunlop large thumb picks by slipping them over the handle of a wooden spoon and holding it in a pan of boiling water - a few seconds at a time, until malleable enough to open them up a bit. I find the Dunlop preferable to the thinner 'Herco' type because there's more 'body' to the thumb pick so they don't seem to need to fit so tightly.
I also file down the 'blade' of the Dunlop to give a more pointed end - seems to give more 'twang'.
What an exciting life I lead

Re: thumb picks
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:00 pm
by derek evans 15
HI JASON ,THUMB PICK ARRIVED TO TODAY (28TH ). I HAD A SESSION ON MY STEEL WITH IT AND IT FELT EASIER TO PICK . COULD YOU SEND ME YOUR POST CODE SO I CAN SEND YOU SOME DUNLOPS TO YOU .REGARDS DEREK.
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:09 pm
by derek evans 15
HELLO NICK , READ YOUR MESSAGE WITH INTEREST ,MY PROBLEM IS THAT HAVE LARGE HANDS AND THAT,S WHY I NEED LARGE THUMB PICKS ,ANYTHING SMALLER IS NO GOOD. CHEERS DEREK.
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm
by SHAKEY
Re: thumb picks
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm
by ossettjohn
The Perfect Pick is brilliant. Very comfortable and will adapt to any size of thumb with the bendable bits (just like finger picks!)
http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/guitar-thumb-picks/perfect-thumb-pick.htm.htm