thumb picks

Steel guitar items wanted

thumb picks

Postby derek evans 15 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm

hi all, does any body know if there is a xtra large thumb pick by dunlop , if not by them ,possiblly by another thumb pick maker. regards DEREK.
derek evans 15
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: hartlepool
Real Name: derek william evans

Re: thumb picks

Postby Jason Lynch » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Derek
I have 3 by someone called Dadi. They're too large for me (The joys of eBay) and I usually use a Dunlop Large. I was going to bring them to David's next Steel meeting.
Drop me your address, I'll stick one in the post.
Jason
Jason Lynch
 

Re: thumb picks

Postby derek evans 15 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:53 pm

THANKS FOR REPLY JASON ,ADDRESS IS D.EVANS 15 ARMADALE GROVE, HARTLEPOOL ,TEESSIDE , TS25 5EH, MANY THANKS, DEREK.
derek evans 15
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: hartlepool
Real Name: derek william evans

Re: thumb picks

Postby Jason Lynch » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:46 pm

on it's way, Derek.
Jason Lynch
 

Re: thumb picks

Postby Nick Bidmade » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:47 am

I usually have to enlarge Dunlop large thumb picks by slipping them over the handle of a wooden spoon and holding it in a pan of boiling water - a few seconds at a time, until malleable enough to open them up a bit. I find the Dunlop preferable to the thinner 'Herco' type because there's more 'body' to the thumb pick so they don't seem to need to fit so tightly.
I also file down the 'blade' of the Dunlop to give a more pointed end - seems to give more 'twang'.
What an exciting life I lead :geek:
Nick Bidmade
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: thumb picks

Postby derek evans 15 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:00 pm

HI JASON ,THUMB PICK ARRIVED TO TODAY (28TH ). I HAD A SESSION ON MY STEEL WITH IT AND IT FELT EASIER TO PICK . COULD YOU SEND ME YOUR POST CODE SO I CAN SEND YOU SOME DUNLOPS TO YOU .REGARDS DEREK.
derek evans 15
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: hartlepool
Real Name: derek william evans

Re: thumb picks

Postby derek evans 15 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:09 pm

HELLO NICK , READ YOUR MESSAGE WITH INTEREST ,MY PROBLEM IS THAT HAVE LARGE HANDS AND THAT,S WHY I NEED LARGE THUMB PICKS ,ANYTHING SMALLER IS NO GOOD. CHEERS DEREK.
derek evans 15
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: hartlepool
Real Name: derek william evans

Re: thumb picks

Postby SHAKEY » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

SHAKEY
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: thumb picks

Postby ossettjohn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm

The Perfect Pick is brilliant. Very comfortable and will adapt to any size of thumb with the bendable bits (just like finger picks!)

http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/guitar-thumb-picks/perfect-thumb-pick.htm.htm
____________________________________________________
GFI expo S10 & Peavey Nashville 112

Also LH Gibson Custom Shop Hummingbird, LH Martin 12 string , LH Fender Standard Stratocaster, LH Deering Goodtime banjo and un-named re-strung cheap mandolin
ossettjohn
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 pm
Real Name: John Lynagh


Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests