Page 1 of 1

Pull rods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm
by Jimmy Gibson
I am in need of about 10 3mm round rods long enough for re rodding a steel..





Jimmy..

Re: Pull rods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 am
by john roche
Try a model shop Jimmy, one that deals in model aircraft. I found lots of the bits they sell are suitable for steel

Re: Pull rods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm
by SHAKEY
Jimmy, go to any welding suppliers and get some stainless welding rods. 3.2mm/1/8" or 2.4mm/3/32" they come in 1 metre lengths. I used to pay 50p each then I found it was cheaper to buy them by the Kilo. Hope it helps, take care mate.
Dave.

Re: Pull rods

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm
by U_twelve
1/8 inch = 0.125 inches
3.2mm = 0.125984252 inches
That 0.000984252" can mean you may have to open up the holes in the changer. My not be an issue on most guitars but is a bother on Sierra Session's.
Of course totally irrelevant if your making your own guitar from scaratch... :roll:

Re: Pull rods

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 am
by Jimmy Gibson
Thanks guys, I found some on Ebay.


Jimmy.