Steel guitar items wanted
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:15 pm
It's probably MSA's lawyers with the writ for slander, and dates for court appearance in Dallas.
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:52 pm
Malcolm ...you got it right....I forwarded all his slander to Kyle at MSA........The XL is a nice guitar... I am not keen on the wooden necks ........ I think I will buy a new G2 Mullen....At the last club meeting..........Ted sounded fantastic on his new SD 10 with a Telonics type 84 pickup in it ...........Big difference in the price....The moneys done here and old Bing is not lending any ,...till he gets his new car sorted.....The Arizona show is looking good ...Pity the flight is so long...Ok..... the man in the red cloak will not be calling here....Maybe Scotland is a possibility........................He doesn't need to go to Southampton...They have everything down there
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:59 pm
You know you are always welcome here Ivor, there will always be a bowl of porridge and some hagis and neeps for you here.
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:13 pm
Malcolm wrote:It's probably MSA's lawyers with the writ for slander, and dates for court appearance in Dallas.

The last time that this subject was active in the USA, Bobbe Seymour had 99% of the sympathy vote among the steel guitar fraternity. The proposed legal action would have damaged MSA's potential sales, as there were many who considered that MSA were crushing freedom of speech. They would have been much better off ignoring the jibes that were said in humour, instead of almost ending a lifetime friendship between two of America's greatest aficionados of steel guitar. Heck, I even bought one of Bobbe's Legal Fund CD's and made a donation to him, even though Reece was a dear friend. Major mistake by MSA who should have developed at least a modicum of a sense of humour. End of conversation on that subject as commonsense prevailed in the end.
Ivor - my new car is sorted. Wifey hates it as it's a very fast beast. Downside is that it's a somewhat claustrophobic German 2-seater roadster, but one that is pretty quick (3.5 litre V6 - top speed governed to 155mph). She prefers our more sedate but elderly Honda CRV, so it looks as though I might have to buy a new CRV too and just drive the roadster myself.
I won't make any adverse comment about the Mullen G2. It is very good mechanically - exceptionally smooth on the pedals & levers, and great finish. Is it better than a Rittenberry, Infinity or Show Pro? ..................
Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:37 pm
Mr Ken...A 3.5 ltr v6...You are getting into my territory in the fuel stakes...I bet your wife will get to like it very quickly....It will be smooth as silk and I bet there is no wind noise or road noise......Yes I agree , the Mullen is very good, ......... Gary has done a very nice job on the new Rittenberry.,,and the show pro as we seen , ..is right on the money......There really is no bad , Guitars made now...You just make your own choice...Whatever suits your pocket and plays the way you want it to.......Malcolm has about the best set up you could want...His guitar looks the part......It plays very well...sounds a million dollars and is very light weight....What more could a guy want....Also he can change the tone in between songs,.... by changing the pickup in seconds........I have been listening to your MP3 of So Sad to-day.....,,,It sounds really nice and you play so smoothly.......Every note rolls into the next one....No quirky changes....No, stop start, playing.....What guitar did you use for the recording ?...Tone is very nice
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 pm
Ken....I hope my speed demo in the Lexus, hasn't went to your head...Old boys like you need to be slowing down .......Not driving round, like a nutcase , like me...I simply don't know any other way...I have spent a life time, racing everything that moves.....You will get used to it very quickly....Problem is ...over in your world ,....there is cameras round every corner....I'm going to have to take you, to a big, Auto parts store in Dallas, for a top of the range radar detector. Even then you are always at risk.......Enjoy it .....Ride around in style....Me I'm all flash and no Cash....Looks like you can now do the driving in Dallas
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.